Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel and tire guru's needed

Old 12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel and tire guru's needed

I'm running a bone stock setup right now and i'm looking at moving up to some 33's and a leveling kit for the front...i'm sure i will be able to clear these as i don't do any really hardcore offroading to where the flex would cause much rubbing but on the stock 17x7.5 rims can i run 33x12.5's and if so how much will they stick out past the stock flares and rub during a full turn? Any help would be appreciated and i'm trying to see if i can run them without needing the wheel spacers but realize i'll probably need them as the stock wheels have ridiculous backspacing. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anadlas
I'm running a bone stock setup right now and i'm looking at moving up to some 33's and a leveling kit for the front...i'm sure i will be able to clear these as i don't do any really hardcore offroading to where the flex would cause much rubbing but on the stock 17x7.5 rims can i run 33x12.5's and if so how much will they stick out past the stock flares and rub during a full turn? Any help would be appreciated and i'm trying to see if i can run them without needing the wheel spacers but realize i'll probably need them as the stock wheels have ridiculous backspacing. Thanks.
you are going to need spacers it will rub, forget spacers change the rims to 4.5" back spacing. you do not put 12.5 inch tires on 7.5" rims . I have 285's with 4.5" back spacing , I am about 2" out.285's are about 11"
Old 12-01-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enzo
you are going to need spacers it will rub, forget spacers change the rims to 4.5" back spacing. you do not put 12.5 inch tires on 7.5" rims . I have 285's with 4.5" back spacing , I am about 2" out.285's are about 11"
what he said. just dont listen to the part that says dont put 12.5s on 7.5s. there are hundreds of people on here with this set-up. it's a cheaper way to run bigger tires without having to replace wheels. the right wheel spacers are safe if installed correctly.

Last edited by geebee; 12-01-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Quick Reply: wheel and tire guru's needed