Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel & spacers torque figures, etc.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washers

Originally Posted by 14Sport
They're not on the rims. They are on the studs after the rim is removed. They look like little toothed washers that hold the rotor in place. IIRC, there are 2 or 3 per wheel.

ok, so , if I remove all of them from the 5studs, it's ok ? the rotor stays On somewhat ?
Old 10-16-2015, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmwrangler
Do you have the Spidertrax spacers ? if so, the instructions will tell you to torque the nuts down to 97ft/lbs, then check them after 50 miles or so using 87ft/lbs instead. This way you're not breaking the loctite seal that is supposed to prevent the nut from getting loose. you should apply the loctite to the wheel studs before torquing down the nuts, this is done once, or if you take the spacers off the wheel , before putting them back on.

Get a habit of checking them every 5k miles same way. if you're having the wheels rotated, make sure sure to tell your shop to be careful with the impact gun as there are wheel spacers in there, getting the wheels off and back should be done the old fashion way, no impact guns. also before putting them in, make sure to clean the hub surface where they're going to be mated, and apply a very light bed of antiseize to the back of the spacers surface that would be pressed against the hub, this way they'll come off like butter if you happen to leave them on for a big while, you won't believe how this things can get literally fuzed in the hub sometimes
My spidertrax spacer instruction said 90 ft/lbs and then check with 80 ft/lbs. yes good pointer on the anti seize. I remove mine all the time switching back and forth and I still use anti seize as it does not take long and the are tough to get off otherwise.

Originally Posted by jjrho
ok, so , if I remove all of them from the 5studs, it's ok ? the rotor stays On somewhat ?
yes they are only there as they are used on the factory assembly line. you will not have your rotor fall off without them.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel_stud_02.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	627556
Old 10-16-2015, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
There ya go.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing spacer

yup,saw those, took em all off...
it's rough country spacers...
the jk looks just right ,now... filled out...

thanks all for your help...

I got 9K miles...gonna search for rear diff oil change thread now....unless I don't need to...

jR

btw, the forum software or something is 'wrong'... it keeps missing my typing inputs... annoying as hell.... anyone else??
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjrho
yup,saw those, took em all off...
it's rough country spacers...
the jk looks just right ,now... filled out...

thanks all for your help...

I got 9K miles...gonna search for rear diff oil change thread now....unless I don't need to...

jR

btw, the forum software or something is 'wrong'... it keeps missing my typing inputs... annoying as hell.... anyone else??
That happens to me too if i use Internet Explorer, i can browse the forum just fine with IE, but forget about trying to type anything, it won't work, so i'm using Google Chrome instead to access/post around here.

Quick Reply: wheel & spacers torque figures, etc.