Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel spacers... should I expect vibration?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ in response to spacers causing the wobble issue or vibes. I have had this problem with some cheapo spacers. I have the Spidertrax now on my JK and they are very nice. I had the bad spacers on a ZJ and they were the pits for sure. I tried everyside of the Jeep and they still never worked right. i returned them b/c the place that I got them were the same guys trying to fix the issue so they knew what the deal was.... The spacers were bad. I will add that I have never heard of or had ant other type not work correctly. Hope this helps, and now the guy who does not know wnyone with bad spacers you do now. JOE>
Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed them myself last night. It was actually fun.

I got them initially because when I turned lock to lock my lugs rubbed a little bit on the suspension, since I'm using the non-offset stock Sahara wheels. So I got them for a mechanical reason initially..... but I LOVE THE MORE AGGRESSIVE LOOK, (cosmetically).

My thanks to the greedy 4x4 store/shop here that was estimating that they would charge me $90/hour for an estimated 1 1/2 hours of labor to install them. As a result, I now own a brand new 1/2" drive torque wrench and can check them myself from time to time.

Drove to work this morning and no vibrations.

Last edited by spartacus_33; 06-19-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers... should I expect vibration?