Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel spacer question

Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacer question

ARe the jk's stock lugs long enough to instal 1.5" spacers or do the lugs have to be changed?

I'm not sure if I want to buy 1" or 1.5" spacers...
Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bvanfossen
ARe the jk's stock lugs long enough to instal 1.5" spacers or do the lugs have to be changed? I'm not sure if I want to buy 1" or 1.5" spacers...
The spacers bolt onto the studs. And have new studs off of the spacers for the wheels. They are basically adapters with the same bolt pattern. 5on5 to 5on5
Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The thinner spacers that sandwich between, (the 1" kind that you are talking about?) don't have the best reputation due to the lack of thread remaining for the nuts to hold on to. The 1.5" dual bolt type (spidertrax, etc) are fine if installed/maintained correctly. The 1.25" dual bolt ones (teraflex) may need to have the stock studs trimmed to allow them to fit correctly.

Go with the dual bolt type, make sure they use grade 8 hardware, install correctly (with threadlocker), and check them with each rotation. If you do not rotate yourself, verify that your shop will work on a vehicle with wheel spacers.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-25-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Make sure you remove these...

Old 06-25-2014, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

The stock jeep lugs have to through the spydertrax spacers and bolt up. Then the spacer has 5 lugs. I've answered my own question typing this lol. I see now that the factory jeep lug does not have to be 1.5" to go through the spydertrax spacer...

Cool. Thanks all
Old 06-25-2014, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Make sure you remove these...
Good tip! I didn't know that.

Quick Reply: Wheel spacer question