Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel Spacer Comparison

Old 05-23-2016, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacer Comparison

So I'm looking into wheel spacers and cutting my fenders, but I would like to see some comparison photos of different inch spacers if anyone has any. I'm currently sitting on 35's with a 4 inch lift. I'm debating between 1 and 1.5 inch, but wouldn't be opposed to possibly going up to 2 inches.

Can anyone help me out with before and after pics of their jeeps?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DevinR
So I'm looking into wheel spacers and cutting my fenders, but I would like to see some comparison photos of different inch spacers if anyone has any. I'm currently sitting on 35's with a 4 inch lift. I'm debating between 1 and 1.5 inch, but wouldn't be opposed to possibly going up to 2 inches.

Can anyone help me out with before and after pics of their jeeps?

Thanks in advance!
Just curious what the need for wheel spacers is? You already have 4 inches of lift and then cut fenders with 35's? that is more than enough room. Do you have stock wheels? I plan on picking up some spidertrax 1.5 in the near future but I'll also just be running a leveling kit on stock wheels with 33's.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a good thread to look at, helped me decide on spidertrax. I have a few thousand miles on mine. used plenty of red loctite on install, torqued to spec, and have no qualms with them. BORA is an option you may want to look into as well. Lots of good talk about them, however I have no personal experience.

Last edited by agentjohnson; 05-23-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gator91
Just curious what the need for wheel spacers is? You already have 4 inches of lift and then cut fenders with 35's? that is more than enough room. Do you have stock wheels? I plan on picking up some spidertrax 1.5 in the near future but I'll also just be running a leveling kit on stock wheels with 33's.

I will be shopping for new tires later this year and will possibly be going up to 37's+. I'm sure my clearance will still be fine so long as I don go much bigger. But I am also debating cutting my fenders (that are painted so I might not) vs waiting a little while and buying steel ones. So pretty much spacers would hold me over with stock fenders until I made that change. And yes, I do have after market wheels.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by agentjohnson
This is a good thread to look at, helped me decide on spidertrax. I have a few thousand miles on mine. used plenty of red loctite on install, torqued to spec, and have to qualms with them. BORA is an option you may want to look into as well. Lots of good talk about them, however I have no personal experience.
Thank you!!!
Old 05-23-2016, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will be shopping for new tires later this year and will possibly be going up to 37's+. I'm sure my clearance will still be fine so long as I don go much bigger. But I am also debating cutting my fenders (that are painted so I might not) vs waiting a little while and buying steel ones. So pretty much spacers would hold me over with stock fenders until I made that change. And yes, I do have after market wheels.
What rims do you have? I assume not the stock rims with 35's? Im not sure why you would need wheel spacers? Wider look? Current tires rubbing somewhere? If you have 35's and plan to go to 37's I wouldn't recommend wheel spacers, instead just rims with more backspacing.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm debating between 1 and 1.5 inch, but wouldn't be opposed to possibly going up to 2 inches.

You want adapters, with two sets of bolts, not the thin spacers that sandwich between. Teraflex makes some 1.25", but they specifically state that you may need to trim the studs to get them to fit. So go for 1.5".

Posts 9 and 38 in this one have some metallurgical testing of spacers. Interesting info...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...safety-130315/

Last edited by nthinuf; 05-23-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by MavisJk
If you have 35's and plan to go to 37's I wouldn't recommend wheel spacers, instead just rims with more backspacing.
Not a lot of choices for rims with a decent backspacing for 37's. Adapters are a viable option, as long as they are installed correctly and not forgotten about.

Last edited by nthinuf; 05-23-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

Photo wise, here was mine when it had 1.75" spacers and 35's (315/70/17); bushwhacker flares.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 208 Likes on 182 Posts

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between a 1.5in Spydertrax "adapter" at approx. $50/ea. and a 1.5in Hubcentric or Roughcountry "adapter" at approx. $25/ea. aside from being half the price?

Amazon.com: 4pc 1.5" Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 5x5 to 5x5 | for Jeep Grand Cherokee Commander Wrangler XK JK WK: Automotive

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacer Comparison