Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel problems again

Old 01-02-2010, 03:48 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
I say get a spare set of steelies. Those rims are not meant for wheelin. When you care if your rims are going to get scratched, that's when you need to change them.
X2 wheels will get damaged as soon as you get out of the road, its part of the game !!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jneal91
Not sure what you are trying not to make fun of, but i know how to cut plastic. I am asking how should cut this bolt. I cant find a shorter one, so i was asking anyone who had these rims how they dealt with it. the bolt looks something like this
Attachment 34787
So cutting this could be hard because there is barely any threading on it.

Where have you looked for a shorter bolt? Seems like any good hardware store would have one. Lowe's or Home Depot may have limited selections but a good hardware store should have what you need. I don't see why a bolt that is threaded all the way to the head wouldn't work so as long as you get the same size/thread count, you should be fine. Does the bolt have to be black? maybe paint the head if it is seen?

Quick Reply: wheel problems again