Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wheel options for M101 Trailer

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful trailer man, wheels match up great!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks good to me. I think thats about as close as you could come without them being AEV wheels.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the positive feedback. i'm going to contact AEV and purchase some yellow wheel stickers to put on trailer wheel center caps.

Good news, the guy whom i bought the trailer from called me yesterday with a tarp for sale. a short trip later and here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Cover.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	349934

Now - who knows the best way to paint an army tarp? seems to be vinyl coated canvass....?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ridelots24
thanks for the positive feedback. i'm going to contact AEV and purchase some yellow wheel stickers to put on trailer wheel center caps.

Good news, the guy whom i bought the trailer from called me yesterday with a tarp for sale. a short trip later and here it is:

Attachment 349934

Now - who knows the best way to paint an army tarp? seems to be vinyl coated canvass....?
I have a M101-A1 and I was wondering if you had all the hoops for the canvas cover, apparently you do now. I also painted ne camo but haven't painted the canvas cover. It appears the camo on my trailer had been brushed on but the cover appears sprayed on. With careful work I don't think the canvas cover would be hurt with a light coating of new paint in your pattern. Those covers are sometimes hard to come by and deteriorate rather quickly in the elements it seems. Parking your trailer, with cover, under another roof extends the cover's life by years.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on your trailer! I have an A1 as well but not tarp or brackets. Any idea where to pick them up for not too much $$$? Here's my set up so far but I'm thinking of painting the trailer tan, although I really like the OD green.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3426115608.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	349961  
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorwug
I have a M101-A1 and I was wondering if you had all the hoops for the canvas cover, apparently you do now. I also painted ne camo but haven't painted the canvas cover. It appears the camo on my trailer had been brushed on but the cover appears sprayed on. With careful work I don't think the canvas cover would be hurt with a light coating of new paint in your pattern. Those covers are sometimes hard to come by and deteriorate rather quickly in the elements it seems. Parking your trailer, with cover, under another roof extends the cover's life by years.
Great advice. i was thinking how much of a pain it will be to clear out garage space for this, but almost seems necessary now.

- what is your thoughts on dupli-color vinyl and cloth paint? from their site seems tough enough, uv resistant etc....
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
Great job on your trailer! I have an A1 as well but not tarp or brackets. Any idea where to pick them up for not too much $$$? Here's my set up so far but I'm thinking of painting the trailer tan, although I really like the OD green.
Nice! those tires are huge!

if you want, the guy who i got my stuff from is in Canfield, OH. he has bows and tarp right now. but shipping would be $$. PM me and i'll give you his contact info.

I recently discovered this site: Government Surplus Auctions at Government Liquidation

If you have the time to drive to the different bases and pick this stuff up, should be lots cheaper. (I bought my trailer for 1,100 - the guy did convert to 12v and repaired a drum brake and lug bolts. but from this site, looks like some guys are buying trailer for 400-500. )

Quick Reply: Wheel options for M101 Trailer