Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

wheel alignment on AEV 3.5 RS lift

Old 05-21-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel alignment on AEV 3.5 RS lift

Hey guys, i installed a 3.5" AEV RS lift on my 2dr rubicon over the weekend, and brought it in for an alignment since things didn't seem right.

What you guys think of these numbers? The shop told me that's the best they can do. I noticed that they took the upper control arms out of the middle hole on the bracket. Manual says middle hole for 3.5 lift. Also said that i can correct the left caster with an offset ball joint.

Left Front
- Camber -0.9
- Caster 3.0
- Toe 0.11

Right Front
- Camber - 0.5
- Caster 3.4
- Toe 0.11

Left Rear
- Camber -0.7
- Toe -0.43

Right Rear
- Camber -0.1
- Toe -0.77

Thrust Angle -0.60

Here's a pic of the jeep after the lift

Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing you can do about camber really. Your caster is a little low. Only way to increase that is to get adjustable lower control arms. Pretty much the same measurements I had after my 2.5 TF coil lift. I added the LCA's and now my caster is about 5. Ideally you want somewhere around 4.3-4.6 but can go a little higher. Some guys are around 5.5-6 and have had good results, just watch your pinion angle. Also your going to want to trim your pinch seam and rock rails that rear tire looks dangerously close. It's an easy fix, just snip about an inch to inch and half off the pinch apply some JB weld, paint it up and then trim your rails and hit it with some paint to keep the rust away. Nice rig by the way.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 AM
JK Junkie

The different mounting holes on the drop brackets should up caster.

Like mentioned. Camber is not adjustable BUT.. I also had a camber issue on the passenger side. My ball joints were toast. Replacing them and my camber is perfect.

Looking good
Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The different mounting holes on the drop brackets should up caster.

Like mentioned. Camber is not adjustable BUT.. I also had a camber issue on the passenger side. My ball joints were toast. Replacing them and my camber is perfect.

Looking good
I just took a look under the jeep, and the upper control arms are in the 4.5" holes on the bracket, So i don't think i can raise the caster anymore until i get some adjustable control arms. Should i go with the teraflex control arms, or are there better out there?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Teraflex, Rock Krawler and Metal Cloak all make great arms. You will be happy with any of them.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Hmm that's surprising. I have TF lowers and like them. There are many to choose from though.

Synergy makes a nice arm which uses JJ's (currie joints)
Metal Cloak is gaining popularity.
RK had a new joint coming out soon.

Pick your poison. All make good arms.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

The AEV lifts are meant to handle a lot of weight so heavy front and rear bumpers. Running light may have give you more lift than the 3.5". I have the 2.5" lift and have stock front and rear bumpers. It's still a little flighty because of how light the 2drs are. Once I add the Hanson Offroad f/r bumpers the springs should settle down better to where they are suppose to be.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

ya, i understand that they are built to run with heavy jeeps. but i don't think a winch will really lower it that much, i already have the front bumper. I don't have the rear yet, but i don't think that will lower the front, to help the caster "i could be wrong". I'm wondering if i should get some front lower control arms, or go with the front uppers also. Leaning towards the metal cloak arms or rock krawler.

Quick Reply: wheel alignment on AEV 3.5 RS lift