Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's your opinion on Smittybilt XRC flat fender flares...?

Old 03-14-2014, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your opinion on Smittybilt XRC flat fender flares...?

Hey everyone, kinda in a toss up about them. One minute I think they look good the next I can't decide. Or should I get the xenon flats? Also durability. Heard the Smittys are floppy on the road. Thanks in advance I always appreciate it <3
Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fenders are my next big purchase. I think the smittybilt looks like the stock fender was just chopped. They seem unfinished and thin. Have you looked into the xenon? They get a lot of mixed reviews on here, more bad than good it seems. I'm leaning toward the bushwacker flats. I also like the new rugged ridge but wish they didn't have such a pocket look, especially in the rear.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's your next big purchase? I just think my fenders look HUGE with the stubby and it's awkward. Seems like everyone has mixed reviews on all the brands. Bushwaker is so ridiculously overpriced lol and it's not appealing to me.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Another option are the Bushwackers. I've got them on my '08 and like them a lot. Our Prez had the Xenon fender flares and was sorry he bought them. Barely scraped a tree and damaged them pretty bad. He's fixing to buy the Bushwackers as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side View.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	537319Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_1.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	537320

rock
Old 03-14-2014, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rockcrawler73
Another option are the Bushwackers. I've got them on my '08 and like them a lot. Our Prez had the Xenon fender flares and was sorry he bought them. Barely scraped a tree and damaged them pretty bad. He's fixing to buy the Bushwackers as well.
Attachment 537319Attachment 537320

rock
They look great. What was the final price with liners?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi

id either cut your stock fenders, or buy/make steel fenders... I personally dont see the point buying plastic when its already there but to each his own.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
id either cut your stock fenders, or buy/make steel fenders... I personally dont see the point buying plastic when its already there but to each his own.
Oh goodness I can't trust myself cutting them haha. I wish or I'd do it and be very content lolol
Old 03-14-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Afterfrancesca
Oh goodness I can't trust myself cutting them haha. I wish or I'd do it and be very content lolol
id try it at least and see how it goes..your going to replace them anyway and hey if you do decent you may keep them and save money. Its not as bad as it looks if you can get over the fact your cutting your jeep.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Smittybuilt's don't flop, but they are cheap. I bought a set new for 260$. At that price I figured sofaking ...
They are made in china, not the best craftsmanship and not the best looking on the market.
With all that said, I like them. For what they are.
I needed two stock flares replaced and these are a nice inexpensive METAL alternative .

Last edited by MoyDib; 03-14-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Afterfrancesca
They look great. What was the final price with liners?
Thanks. I was just looking around and found them on Amazon for $530 w/ free shipping. I'm sure if you look a little more you might be able to find them a bit cheaper. I also know a lot of guys/gals cut the stock fenders. Under write-up, it's "Reds fender trim with detailed pics and video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Hope this helps

rock

Quick Reply: What's your opinion on Smittybilt XRC flat fender flares...?