Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats wrong with this picture???

Old 01-30-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with this picture???

Maybe someone on here can help me out. Looked under my jeep this morning and noticed a dent in my steering stabilizer. also it looks as if something is rubbing up against the center in between the two shocks.... Is that the trac bar?? and what can I do to prevent this from happening?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	suspension.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	122702  
Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the rusty turnbuckle is on your drag link and by the looks of it, someone used a monkey wrench or a pair of vicegrips on it the last time it was adjusted. the teeth marks left behind are what caused the rusty "rubbing" look you see. as far as your steering stabilizer goes, just look up and you'll see what it's been hitting. most likely happend when flexing on the trail or after hitting a big bump. maybe came from making contact with the drag link turn buckle clamp. hard to say for sure from this angle but, that would be my guess.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry for the sideways pic! Is there anything I can do to prevent this from hitting or rubbing when I go out wheelin?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AMEchambers
Sorry for the sideways pic! Is there anything I can do to prevent this from hitting or rubbing when I go out wheelin?
IF the problem is your draglink turnbuckle clamps are making contact with the stabilzer can, simply loosen up the clam bolts, rotate the clamps up a bit and you should be good to go.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And when adjusting the sleeve u do not want to use a pipe wrench,pliers etc because it only makes the sleeve tighter. Stick a screw driver into the slit in it, and hit with a hammer to expand the sleeve if it doesn't turn by hand.
It should turn by hand once the clamps are loosened.

sent by rinkish with a jitterbug
Old 01-30-2011, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
And when adjusting the sleeve u do not want to use a pipe wrench,pliers etc because it only makes the sleeve tighter. Stick a screw driver into the slit in it, and hit with a hammer to expand the sleeve if it doesn't turn by hand.

I love equipment you can fix by hitting things with a hammer and using a screwdriver... But thats how it works....
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by rinkishJK

exactly - a little pb blaster or the like helps a lot too.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with this picture???