Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's it worth?

Old 12-12-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ph3ry_j33p
Wenn ich nach Deutschland zu bewegen, wird mein Jeep JKUs mit mir gehen und ich werde auf der Suche nach einem Mercedes-Benz Diesel oder einem VW-Dieselmotor , um den 3.8l mit statt einer Cummins BT4 oder Hemi, wenn die Zeit kommt, zu ersetzen.
Good idea. I'm pretty happy with my 3.6, but there's probably no better place to find a good diesel shop.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mds22
Lived in Europe for the past 13 years jeeps are now the "in" thing for many celebs. There is a huge (10k+) mark up over there for them (jeeps with mods). Most however are never lifted, small streets and garages would be a huge problem. If you get a free ship. I would use it on the jeep and sell it there if you HAVE to get rid of it
Thanks, another great bit of information! If I HAVE to sell it, why not do it there? Seems like it would bring a premium in Germany.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
Mods are worth nothing. 99% of the market is going to want it stock. The other 1% that is going to want it modified might not like the lift or the bumper or the winch you chose. It's cheaper for them to buy a stock one and modify it themselves. You're looking for someone very specific to buy your jeep the way it's set up now.
This is exactly right unfortunately. I was in the same boat with my old WRX and I ended up only getting a few grand over Bluebook. If you're patient, you may end up finding that 1%er that's willing to see the value in your upgrades and pay extra for them.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubicon

This is exactly right unfortunately. I was in the same boat with my old WRX and I ended up only getting a few grand over Bluebook. If you're patient, you may end up finding that 1%er that's willing to see the value in your upgrades and pay extra for them.
We're comparing Subaru to Jeep sales now?

Like I said, mods may not get much return in another region for show, but here where they actually get USED won't be a problem.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredrok
We're comparing Subaru to Jeep sales now? Like I said, mods may not get much return in another region for show, but here where they actually get USED won't be a problem.
Haha no, of course not. I was simply sharing my experience selling a modified vehicle. As I stated, you may end up finding someone who is willing to pay for the upgrades. So if you're patient, you can recoup some of that value. But to be honest, there's nothing more special about a Jeep vs. a Subaru. Both have a significant following with the market appealing to those who will appreciate it stock and in its modified form.

Quick Reply: What's it worth?