Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's it worth?

Old 12-11-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate it. Lots of good info here. I think, should I need to, I'll try to sell it for something near what I calculated. If it doesn't sell, I'll seriously consider storing it, at which point I'll need to start a whole new thread on how to do that! Germany would be a 3-5 year tour, and I wouldn't mind coming back with the Jeep waiting for me. It's exactly what I've wanted for a very long time and I'm really proud of it. I'm not going to let it go for a song.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just curious why they won't move it with your household goods. It'd be super fun to explore over there.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good question. They will ship one car, and we had to choose between our "family friendly, safe, good gas mileage Audi" or the "kick ass, 13mpg, no-good-on-the-autobahn Jeep", and the wife won this round.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Argh!! Fair enough. I'd try to stuff the Audi in the Jeep!
Old 12-12-2014, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you think you will be able to afford the fuel to drive the Jeep in Germany I think you should try and talk your wife into taking the Jeep. If you expect to need two cars when you get there you can always buy another Audi over there. I don't think that storing the Jeep for up to 5 years would be such a good idea. Perhaps someone living in Germany will pipe in and tell you if there is any wheelin over there or not. Even if there isn't much, half the fun or more of driving a modded Jeep is just the pleasure of having a unique vehicle. I would expect that in Germany a modded Jeep would be quite a rarity.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clark Collins
I would expect that in Germany a modded Jeep would be quite a rarity.
This is actually a really good point that I didn't consider. It would be MUCH easier to replace the Audi once in Germany and just purchase another passenger car, Audi or otherwise, than it would be to replace the Jeep.

I might have to reopen the negotiations...
Old 12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Your Jeep may not be street legal over there. Just something else to look into beforehand.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jdschup
First of all, this is not an advertisement. I'm not currently selling my Jeep. This is a thread more about valuing your rig post-mod. Again, it's not for sale at the moment, so please don't flame me for selling on the forum. I'm posting this question in the Modified forum because a large amount of the question relates to how much the mods are worth, and this seems to be the best place to get some educated opinions. Now then, here's some background: My Jeep is in excellent condition with 21,845 miles. I have had several upgrades professionally installed on this Jeep by Trail Jeeps in Boulder, CO. They are a premier Jeep shop that exclusively works on JK models. Those upgrades include: • An AEV 2.5” Dualsport XT suspension lift kit • AEV Geometry Correction Brackets • Synergy Front Track Bar • 5 - 17” ProComp 7069 wheels • 5 - 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs (less than 1,000 miles on them!) • Rampage Front Recovery Bumper with fog lights • Rampage Rear Recovery Bumper with auxiliary lights • LoD Signature Rock Sliders • Poison Spider Bombshell Differential Covers • 4.56 upgraded gears connected to a limited slip rear differential • Quadratec 9500is winch with synthetic line and winch kit accessories • K&N FIPK Cold Air Intake • Borla Dual Exit Cat-back exhaust • KC Apollo Driving lights on windshield mounts • A Uniden CB and 4’ Firefly antenna, professionally tuned and ready to go. That’s over $10,000 worth of upgrades that enable this Jeep to go damn near anywhere, but it’s actually not been offroad a single time except for some maintained logging-type roads. In fact, the winch has only been used ONCE, and that was when I installed the synthetic line. Again - it's truly in excellent condition. The final but significant bonus here is the extended warranty. The Jeep comes with a 7-year/100,000 miles MOPAR extended warranty for all factory parts and systems. So here's the crux: If I do need to sell it, I think I will ask $36,000. To get to that price, I ran the Jeep’s details through 8 different online used car pricing models. Then, I deleted the highest estimate and the lowest estimate and averaged the remaining 6. That total was $31,653. I added the upgrades at only 50% of their original cost, or $5,000 to get to $36,653. Then, I rounded that down to $36,000 to be sure that my numbers are fair. So...what do you think? Fair pricing calculation?
every vehicle I have ever owned and modified, seemed to have netted about 50% on the mods or accessories I've done. In VA and CO. In fact, after the first couple I sold, I started using NADA as my starting point and added precisely 50% of the mods/accessories over NADA and had great outcomes with the sale. Street bike, truck, SUV, sport sedan, dirt bike and ATVs.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

Lived in Europe for the past 13 years jeeps are now the "in" thing for many celebs. There is a huge (10k+) mark up over there for them (jeeps with mods). Most however are never lifted, small streets and garages would be a huge problem. If you get a free ship. I would use it on the jeep and sell it there if you HAVE to get rid of it
Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by towel33
Also, it's a sahara (I made the same mistake).
i don't get yer drift......
i dig electric locks on my doors as well as locked diffs....
i made my Jeep loveable for myself and won't ever get rid of it.... Wenn ich nach Deutschland zu bewegen, wird mein Jeep JKUs mit mir gehen und ich werde auf der Suche nach einem Mercedes-Benz Diesel oder einem VW-Dieselmotor , um den 3.8l mit statt einer Cummins BT4 oder Hemi, wenn die Zeit kommt, zu ersetzen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gd7Fqw4.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	679660

Quick Reply: What's it worth?