Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's Next?

Old 07-30-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's Next?

My wife and I recently bought a Black 2010 Rubicon. We've added some mats, trim options, superchips, grab handles, etc. I'd like to do something else but I'm not sure what's next. I'm not really interested in a lift right now. That was one reason we went with the rubi was it wouldn't take a lot to get it ready for our needs. She wants a step but I don't want to remove the rock rails. I was looking at the Shrock rails and wondering if those would solve both problems? Anybody out there know what else I could check out?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something like this would give her a step and keep your rockers protected. There are several manufacturers that make their own versions.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13116_610X_PG.htm

As far as other mods. If you don't want to go with a lift, start with bumpers. Then maybe some lights, winch ect...
The list is endless

Last edited by ArrowheadRay; 07-30-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
Anybody out there know what else I could check out?
Congrats on the jeep purchase. As far as what to get next, I suppose that depends on what all you plan on doing with your jeep. If you plan on doing any rock crawling, you might look at replacing the bumpers, at least the front anyways. It doesn't take much impact to dent that plastic casing.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
My wife and I recently bought a Black 2010 Rubicon. We've added some mats, trim options, superchips, grab handles, etc. I'd like to do something else but I'm not sure what's next. I'm not really interested in a lift right now. That was one reason we went with the rubi was it wouldn't take a lot to get it ready for our needs. She wants a step but I don't want to remove the rock rails. I was looking at the Shrock rails and wondering if those would solve both problems? Anybody out there know what else I could check out?

Yes to the Shrock rails. You can either remove the Rubi rails and order them for an unlimited wit no body lift or you can tell them you want to keep the Rubi rails and they will extend the angle slightly so you can keep both.

My wife wanted a step and liked the Shrockworks, but didn't want to take off the Rubi Rails. I am getting ready to put them on, but probably won't get the time to complete the job for a couple of weeks. I figure the stock Rubi rails will also act as a kick area so if used as a step, the toes of her shoes won't hit the body.

If you look under the write ups under project jk, you will see WOL put a set on initially and shows that they can be used as a step.

Quick Reply: What's Next?