Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

whats the most needed accessories for recovery

Old 12-12-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the most needed accessories for recovery

so what do you guys think???recovery ropes? shackles? tree saver? chaffe guard? snatch blocks? what do you guys think is minimum necessity? anybody use winch line extensions?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A shovel and a snatch strap minimum. Everything else is a bonus.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

everything you said and a winch and the knowledge how to use everything safely. Usually the tool between your ears is the most important.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought the teraflex recovery bag, and have regularly used everything in it, D-rings, recovery strap, tree saver. I bought a snatch block to add to that kit, but over the last 4 years, I've never used it. Of course, of used my winch a bunch too.

Best recovery gear? a CB
Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Obviously, if you can afford it, get a decent winch. If not, absolutely get a Hi-Lift jack because you can use it as a jack(obviously) and also as a mechanical winch. It might be slow and you have to have the energy to use it for however long it takes to get unstuck but it wouldn't leave you stranded.

Either way, you should always have a tree saver, two or three D rings, at least one 20' yank strap (no hooks!) and I have a winch line extention for the wife's Jeep. It's from an old winch with synthetic line; I just took the dead end and weaved it back into the rope itself so I have a loop on each end. One or two snatch blocks are also a great to have.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

I already have a winch so what accessories would you recommend with a winch?
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Get a recovery kit, most will have most of the things you need, I got a ruggid ridge, came with shackles, snatch block, snatch strap, tree saver, gloves and damper, all useful.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

The most need accessory for recovery is a buddy with another Jeep.

You didn't specify "self" recovery!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depends what kind of stuff your doing too. I started off with a couple D rings, snatch block, and tree strap with the winch. Most of the stuff I do is wooded tight trails so a snatch strap wouldn't come in handy as often as the other items. Piece it together when the money is there or if you can fork out the money for a good premade kit go ahead and do it. Don't skimp out of the cheapest equipment, your still going to be stuck in the same situation if your equipment fails you.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought the HiLift bag (winch accessory included) and just added to that with extra snatch straps/blocks , shackles, chains, but the most IMPORTANT thing is a first aid kit and water

Quick Reply: whats the most needed accessories for recovery