Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What's a good lift?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's a good lift?

So I don't own a Jeep yet, but I'm working on getting an Unlimited Rubicon. Probably gonna be an 07 or 08. I'm wanting to go around 3-3.5" with about 35" tires.

What is a good brand that offers the best ride quality? I won't really be doing much crawling, so it'll be more high speed fire roads or muddy mountain trails. It's gonna be a daily driver also. I know Icon made good lifts when I asked around on the Toyota forum for my Tacoma. But I wasn't sure, since jeeps are such popular offroaders, if there was a certain company that made a lot nicer lifts.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClemsonMarshal
So I don't own a Jeep yet, but I'm working on getting an Unlimited Rubicon. Probably gonna be an 07 or 08. I'm wanting to go around 3-3.5" with about 35" tires.

What is a good brand that offers the best ride quality? I won't really be doing much crawling, so it'll be more high speed fire roads or muddy mountain trails. It's gonna be a daily driver also. I know Icon made good lifts when I asked around on the Toyota forum for my Tacoma. But I wasn't sure, since jeeps are such popular offroaders, if there was a certain company that made a lot nicer lifts.
if your only going to run 35s you can get away with a 2.5 inch lift, and not worry about needing drive shafts in a few months, im no expert on jeeps or anything but i just pulled the trigger on a 2.5 rock krawler kit, and from reading about it for months, the only ones i would consider getting are that, or teraflex. but if you have your heart set on 3 to 3.5 the evo enforcer kit is also something definetly worth taking a look at
Old 10-28-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Joey
if your only going to run 35s you can get away with a 2.5 inch lift, and not worry about needing drive shafts in a few months, im no expert on jeeps or anything but i just pulled the trigger on a 2.5 rock krawler kit, and from reading about it for months, the only ones i would consider getting are that, or teraflex. but if you have your heart set on 3 to 3.5 the evo enforcer kit is also something definetly worth taking a look at
About how much are you looking at with a 2.5 rock krawler kit? And why do you say you'll need new drive shafts in a couple months?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

When you increase the driveshaft angle theres only so much it can take and with a 3.5 youll most likely have to replace sooner or later.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

And the stock mod system (witch is what i got because im on budget) witch is fully upgradable to the max flex kit , ran me 550 from northridge 4x4
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Junkie

Here you go, read this thread from beginning to end ......
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Here you go, read this thread from beginning to end ......
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/
Thanks for the link man. Lots of good info. Just want to clarify one thing with the driveshaft thing. So according to that link, if I go with a 3-3.5" lift I won't need to worry about the rear driveshaft, only the front? And if that's the case, what all needs to be done with the front drive shaft to make it all good? Couldn't tell if it was saying that it needed a 2 piece drive shaft or just a thinner drift shaft to keep from hitting the transmission.

Last edited by ClemsonMarshal; 10-29-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

I have a brand new rubicon express long arm lift forsale if interested. 5.5'' on 2 door and 4.5'' for 4 door
Old 10-29-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mt.man77
I have a brand new rubicon express long arm lift forsale if interested. 5.5'' on 2 door and 4.5'' for 4 door
I would, but I definitely don't have the money right now, plus I don't even have the jeep.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Since you are going with the 4dr JK, you will need to replace the front DS. Replacing your front DS entails of a thinner, more balanced and sturdier DS something like this one .....J.E. REEL JK 2007-11, Rear 1310 C.V. Heavy Duty Drive Line, 4 Door, Automatic Trans

Read this link for all the details on installing one and what to look

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Coast Front 1310 Drive Shaft Installation Write-Up

Quick Reply: What's a good lift?