Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

whats going on...

Old 01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steering wheel can be irritating to center. I tied a peice of orange flagging tape dead center the steering wheel and kept poking my head up to check as I worked the turn buckle. Then drive it and repeat, till when your driving straight your steering wheel is dead center.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, the best way to make sure the steering wheel is straight is to invest in a little gauge called "Aeroforce Interceptor", it simply plugs in your OBD port.

It has a steering angle option that can be selected.

A friend and I used them after installing our lifts and the steering wheels are dead on.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
I really didnt mean that to sound rude, I do appologize.
That didnt come across rude at all. Im so happy to get some help. other than people here i dont know who else to ask that i can trust their answers Im gonna wait till my mom gets home and ill see if she wants to watch the steering wheel while i get under there.

Thanks so much everyone for all the help! i didnt expect so many people trying to help

Ill try centering the steering wheel tonight and see what that does. if it fails ill be sure and come crying

Thanks again guys.

Zack
Old 01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Wide
IMHO, the best way to make sure the steering wheel is straight is to invest in a little gauge called "Aeroforce Interceptor", it simply plugs in your OBD port.

It has a steering angle option that can be selected.

A friend and I used them after installing our lifts and the steering wheels are dead on.

Hope that helps.
Thats pretty frekkin awesome! Where did you pick that up from? That may be helpful in the future. Whats the price on one?

thanks man.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Try this link www.aeroforcetech.com

Can't say enough good things about this little jewel, loads of options and you can piggyback two of them for even more sensory overload.

We ordered them direct from Aeroforce.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Try this link www.aeroforcetech.com

Can't say enough good things about this little jewel, loads of options and you can piggyback two of them for even more sensory overload.

We ordered them direct from Aeroforce.
I just went and looked and was thinking serious about getting one till i saw the price...

239/399? Thats stupid :P I mean i dont know what else i would need it for, but that seems like alot just to see if my steering is off
Old 01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

It's been a very valuable tool, trans temp was the orignal purpose but found many other areas it has helped in. Sorry if its stupid, just trying to help.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

It's been a very valuable tool, trans temp was the orignal purpose but found many other areas it has helped in. Sorry if its stupid, just trying to help.
NAh man, i didnt mean it like that. Its a help. I was just saying i cant believe it was so expensive. I was expecting like 20 bucks and i was ready to order :PThen the price caught me off guard lol. I was like!!!

But no, im sorry if it came across wrong. It was helpful i was just really suprised. But im a newb so i didnt know what to expect :P
Old 01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

Oh no it's all cool, just trying to lend a helping hand when i can. The whole reason for this awesome forum we have.

Quick Reply: whats going on...