Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

whats going on...

Old 01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats going on...

Ok so i have been to the dealer coming up on 4 times on monday all for the same problem. I have been told by my step dad up till now that everything is ok and that we can fix it...

So i got fed up with that story and took it to the dealer... I keep getting emissions codes, small leak and a malfunction code. So far the dealer has replaced the cap, the sensor and now they tell me they dont know what else to do. They ran a "smoke" test and now he just said to drop it off monday and they will check it out and call the engineers of the system itself to see if they can tell them what the problem is. He said as of now there is no tsb out for this problem but he said there may be one after this...

So after having all these problems i started wondering what else could be serious and my step dad is just blowing it off... so heres my questions now...

When i crank my jeep in the mornings it cranks to about 1-1.5k rpm. Shortly after it cranks it starts liek bogging down.(this is totally due to itself i just watch the pegs) and it starts bogging real low and then lower and then lower all the way down till it itles at about .5k Its not like it cranks and makes its way down. It just cranks and then goes up and down like its bogging out more than once. It has never done it until recently when i have been getting these codes with the evap stuff.

My other problem is about the same time these other problems started, my esp starting messing up it feels like. Ever since i got the spacer and 5' lift i havent had the problem anymore of the esp engaging around corners when i dont want it to. Recently i havent been able to go over 20-25mph around any on or off ramp or the esp shoots in and starts trying to make me go in a strait line when im trying to turn.(i dont know if theres a visual here but picture me trying to turn and the brakes are coming on and trying keep me going strait when im trying to turn up a ramp...) Its not good.

And lastly along with all this my jeep has been pulling left for some reason. My step dad says it is alighned, but i have reason not to believe him.... he seems to like to take the short cut when it comes to keeping up with my jeep

Anyway... i just thought i would ask, is it possible any of this could be related? how can i fix it? should i be worried? what should i do? lol.

Thanks in advanced for the help to anyone who does. And if you dont have any idea but you took the time to read all my nonsense, thanks for reading and sorry to have bothered everyone.

Thanks so much guys.

Zack

(there is also a wierd tick that just started tonight, along with the squeel from the "unable to be fixed" tsb cluth problem :P)

Last edited by P Nasty; 01-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man u have some issues
you need to go at these 1 by 1
first the leak you need to find that at all costs.

you know if you didn't have 500 or so posts i would say you are a troll.

but ya do so i believe you

do you know if the white sensor switch on the evap can is properly seated with the o-ring in proper place have u wheeled and with the ring out of place sucked in water?

or the o-ring is out of place enough to be causing these issues

good luck
Old 01-11-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
man u have some issues
you need to go at these 1 by 1
first the leak you need to find that at all costs.

you know if you didn't have 500 or so posts i would say you are a troll.

but ya do so i believe you

do you know if the white sensor switch on the evap can is properly seated with the o-ring in proper place have u wheeled and with the ring out of place sucked in water?

or the o-ring is out of place enough to be causing these issues

good luck
nope. until yesterday i have never wheeled it at all...

Its garage kept for the most part. I dont know why all the sudden all the problems...Im gonna tell them to the dealer on monday when i drop it off, but i dont really know what to say without them being like "oh well the oversized tires is the problem" and then not wanting to fix it for me...
Old 01-11-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The spacer with the 5' lift could be the problem
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Sorry, hadto fun about the 5' lift My esp used to go off alot on ramps before I got my TF lower frt control arms. And you may have to check your toe, also if your not running adj lowers, if you have cambolts, one may have shifted causing the pull to the left. I got nothin on the evap stuff.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The spacer with the 5' lift could be the problem
haha had to redo my post i didnt get the second one until after i posted :P i thought you were serious lol.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Just looked at your profile, some people on here that have a fox steering stabilizer have a pull your describing. Has to do with the charge they put in them, maybe too much.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Just looked at your profile, some people on here that have a fox steering stabilizer have a pull your describing. Has to do with the charge they put in them, maybe too much.
thats actually the time i got the pull. Is when i installed that. I was thinking it couldnt be that because if anything it would only make anything better not worse. Ive been reading though and i saw some people were saying they had to adjust the nitrogen levels or something in the shock.

is that hard to do? any idea?
Old 01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

I know some people on here have, But I think it's pretty easy to end up letting all the nitro out, might wanna pm someone who has done it . Or call fox and see what they say.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Freak

I think that's what I'll do. I'll get the engine fixed on Monday hopefully and then call fox and then pick up some adj control arms if I can /shrug

Quick Reply: whats going on...