Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats the difference between 2 & 4 door lifts

Old 12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference between 2 & 4 door lifts

Im just wondering what all could be different in lift kits between the 2 and 4 doors.
I think the only thing that could be different are the springs?
I know that when you buy just arms, or track bars, there is no choice between 2 or 4 door, so they are the same.
Im sure everything else is the same too, like brackets, bump stops, brake lines and so on.

So if all thats different are the springs, what would really happen if say a 2 door put 4 door spings on?
Maybe the 2 door would just sit a tad higher with the 4 door springs?

Reason for asking is....Im going to sell my RE 3.5" kit real soon and buy a long arm kit, and I have a local 2 door guy interested in my 3.5".
Old 12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Only springs, and in some cases I don't think those are even different. I have noticed when a 2DR and 4DR are sitting side by side and they have the same lifts that the 2DR is noticeably higher.

That long arm kit that piginajeep posted is badass! Which LA kit you going to get?
Old 12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im going to stick with RE and get the RE 4.5" since Ive had good luck with them.
I also like how the arm mounts do not hang below the frame to catch on rocks.
That, and if Mopar went with RE for their kit, it must be good and reliable
Old 12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

It seems like a great kit! I think next year is going to be a big year for JK mods with all the new stuff on the horizon. Can't wait to see what everyone does next year. I am sure it will end up costing me money.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

IF there is a change in anything it will be in the springs. Back in my XJ days using ZJ springs gave you about an inch more (i.e ZJ 4.5" springs are used in the 5.5" XJ lifts) Not sure if that would apply to the 2dr and 4dr though.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

The springs SHOULD be different, but not every company does thing's to my standards of being right. Some do and some don't.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

example...

when i got my lift I will admit i didnt know a whole lot, Im a fairly quick learner though. I think. So the guy who ordered and installed it told me it was a Skyjacker 3.5" I looked online and could not find any lift for a 2dr JK that was 3.5" The other day while looking around for new bumper I ran into skyjacker lift site, after reading into it, it said 2.5" on 4dr and 3.5" on 2dr. I have parked next to guys who have a 2.5" and mine is definitly higher. I believe it would be the wieght difference between the two that makes it sit higher...
Old 12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI- TeraFlex uses the same coils on the 2Dr and 4Dr JK's.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
FYI- TeraFlex uses the same coils on the 2Dr and 4Dr JK's.
So does that mean the Tera kits are the same for 2 door and 4 doors, or is there something else different between the two?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eracer76
So does that mean the Tera kits are the same for 2 door and 4 doors, or is there something else different between the two?
Same kit for both models. On any current JK kits that we are selling.

Quick Reply: Whats the difference between 2 & 4 door lifts