Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

whats the diff

Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the diff

Quick question I am just about to hand over the bucks for some lockers, I am trying to decide whether it is better to go for an air locker like an ARB or a cable operated one like an ECTED or something similar, any recommendations or advice on which is the better option would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aussie
Quick question I am just about to hand over the bucks for some lockers, I am trying to decide whether it is better to go for an air locker like an ARB or a cable operated one like an ECTED or something similar, any recommendations or advice on which is the better option would be greatly appreciated.
What axles are you putting them on?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hadnt actually planned on changing the axles will I need too.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Freak

My dad has an ected in his TJ, and my brother has an ected in his YJ and they are both very happy with their lockers. The ected is very dependable, and can handle a heavy load.

With ARB's you will have to have air lines, and if your airlines fail(puncture, ripped) then your locker will not be locked.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aussie
I hadnt actually planned on changing the axles will I need too.

You wont need to change your axles, a lot of guys will tell you that you should, but it's not neccessary. I have the D44 rear, and the D30 front with 35's and I haven't broke anything yet. Although a Locker will add extra stress to your axle shafts. So if you are going to upgrade anything, I would upgrade your axle shafts from stock to super Alloy shafts. Cuz always remember, your axle shafts are the same DIA. wether you have D30 or D44.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DFW Rusty
Cuz always remember, your axle shafts are the same DIA. wether you have D30 or D44.

Same DIAMETER? really? that doesn't make much sense.

Quick Reply: whats the diff