Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Whats the best lift for 4dr jk?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best lift for 4dr jk?

I have a 1.5 spacer on my jk. Currently running 35s. I just installed the Rugged Ridge flares. I want to have at least 3 inches of lift. Can someone point me in the right direction? By the way, I wheel my Jeep at least 3 times a week
Old 05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prestonleenc
I have a 1.5 spacer on my jk. Currently running 35s. I just installed the Rugged Ridge flares. I want to have at least 3 inches of lift. Can someone point me in the right direction? By the way, I wheel my Jeep at least 3 times a week
I'd recommend the old man emu long travel suspension. It will give you 3" and it gives a very good on road and off road balance to your everyday ride. In my opinion, the old man emu rides as smooth or more smooth than our teraflex long arm kit...
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for your advance. Does anyone know anything about the Rustys 3.25 kit?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

I run it and it's freak'n awesome! I added rear links and fabbed brake drop brackets. It rides great and has great flex. The adjustable track bars make a huge difference. Both axles are centered and drives straight.

The guys there are great to talk to as well. Good luck!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Did you do the base kit then add along the way or did you get it all at once?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Base 3.25. The rear links you don't need necessarily, but I wanted extra droop then the stock link allowed. The brake extension brackets I added for the same reason. Didn't want to be concerned about the brake lines being tight at full drop. Plus they are easy to make.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prestonleenc

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...m-system.html#

TeraFlex 3" 8 Flex Arm system. I would just add a front adjustable trackbar to this kit. Rear brake line extensions are included.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...m-system.html#

TeraFlex 3" 8 Flex Arm system. I would just add a front adjustable trackbar to this kit. Rear brake line extensions are included.
Show off!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full Traction is in MHO the strongest and best out there. Comes in long arm or short arm. I changed my front coils to 7" (from 5" kit) and love the level stance
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by archijeff
Full Traction is in MHO the strongest and best out there. Comes in long arm or short arm. I changed my front coils to 7" (from 5" kit) and love the level stance

X2. I'm running 35s. After much investigation and many trail runs, I upgraded to the Full Traction Ultimate 3" lift(not the long arm). It's 100% bolt on. No modes to frame(most long arms need some frame mods). I have a which and aftermarket F&R bumpers, and still ended up with a net 3.5" of lift. I just took my rig through some serious boulder climbs. The arms are the toughest I've seen and the ride amazing. Not a sqweak after a lot of pounding.

There's a thread on this on the forum or Chris at "full traction suspension" can give you more info

Quick Reply: Whats the best lift for 4dr jk?