Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What to worry about

Old 11-23-2011, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to worry about

So I just got my 37s put on which are really 35.5 (used) but I have a slant that I want to get rid of. I'm running a 2.5 inch teraflex coil lift with shock extenders and have a 1 inch performance body lift (doesn't effect I know) I want to get rid of the slant and I just bought a set of teraflex leveling kit pucks. 2 inches for the front but I'm probably going to just run 1 inch in the front. If I run 1 inch what problems will I have? And what about 2?
Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

You probably only need 3/4" to 1" max to level the front. If you don't already have one start thinking about an adjustable front track bar and if your steering starts feeling flighty some adjustable lower control arms. Also make sure you have brake line brackets or extended lines
Old 11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
You probably only need 3/4" to 1" max to level the front. If you don't already have one start thinking about an adjustable front track bar and if your steering starts feeling flighty some adjustable lower control arms. Also make sure you have brake line brackets or extended lines
Yea I'm thinking the 1 will be enough just wondering what each would do. I have the break line brackets from the teraflex 2.5 would that be enough?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I would expect to get some pretty flighty steering feel because of the caster and your axles will be shifted quite a bit. Bump steer might be pretty bad since you are going to be close to 4" of lift. Your drive shaft will be close to rubbing the trans skid and will hit it when you droop.

Check your sway bar links and make sure they are long enough. You do not want your sway bar to be lower then level more then 5 degree. At 4" up front make sure you adjust your abs lines and you will want extended brake lines.

I really would not mess with trying to get it level and let the kit "break in" for a while. The factory puts some rake in it so when you are carrying gear it rides more level and doesn't look like you are driving around with the nose of the jeep in the air.
True. I think ill leave them out for right now and do our run next weekend as is ans make any changes after that. Maybe get some presents for the jeep for Christmas to make this setup run better

Quick Reply: What to worry about