Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What wires (or fuse) would turn off the dashboard and radio/clock?

Old Yesterday | 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default What wires (or fuse) would turn off the dashboard and radio/clock?

2009 JK, This is going to sound a bit weird but I want to hook up a switch that will turn off my dashboard lights (all off them even if it turns off the instruments too) and the radio/clock so I can off road with night vision goggles. I already do this on dirt road trails but the dashboard is too bright when the headlights are turning off.

Anyone know what wires I would need to tap to do this?

Thanks

Old Yesterday | 01:51 PM
JK Newbie
Vet Army

Take the fuse box cover off and on the lid the functions are listed, try pulling the ones listed as dash lights
I wouldn't go further than pulling fuses, if your goggles are like Military goggles then they are very insensitive to blue / green lights, it’s red light that will cause them to bloom. Without going out to look I believe most are green on my 2016.
Another very viable way is to simply cover your instruments, a few pieces of blue masking tape and black felt and your done

Quick Reply: What wires (or fuse) would turn off the dashboard and radio/clock?