Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What wheels would you like on your rig?
Walker evans beadlocks
30.63%
Raceline beadlocks
10.81%
Spyderlocks
17.12%
Procomp 7005
8.11%
Other
33.33%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

What wheels would you choose?

Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
I actually like those wheels I just wish they came in black I really like black wheels. And my better half has go to approve of them too

I like the look but some rock rash on those bolt threads and your toast when it comes to changing tires.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am most likely going to buy AEV Sevegre in black when the time comes.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I have just completed the JK Experience over the last four days and all of your choices (minus Procomp) were on one of the 20 JK's during the event. My next set of wheels, after running Walker Evans since 1999, will be the ATX Slabs Beadlock. I love my Walkers but it's time for a change. The Racelines, Spyder locks/ATX Slabs, and Walker Evans are all serious duty wheels being run on serious race rigs everyday, so it comes down to a style preference. They are all bomb proof Offroad wheels

Last edited by GCM 2; 07-11-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GCM 2
I have just completed the JK Experience over the last four days and all of your choices (minus Procomp) were one of the 20 JK's during the event. My next set of wheels, after running Walker Evans since 1999, will be the ATX Slabs Beadlock. I love my Walkers but it's time for a change. The Racelines, Spyder locks/ATX Slabs, and Walker Evans are all serious duty wheels being run on serious race rigs everyday, so it comes down to a style preference. They are all bomb proof Offroad wheels
Question, I have read many places that it's not a good idea to run beadlocks on a daily driver, saying this this is the reason I didn't go with the Slab (which is an awesome wheel) when I purchased my Procomp steelies recently.

Has anyone had problems running their beadlocks 24x7?
Old 07-11-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SumBeach
Question, I have read many places that it's not a good idea to run beadlocks on a daily driver, saying this this is the reason I didn't go with the Slab (which is an awesome wheel) when I purchased my Procomp steelies recently.

Has anyone had problems running their beadlocks 24x7?
Maybe the really old original, do it yourself beadlocks where guys convert a regular non beadlock wheel by welding one together. I have run beadlocks on daily driver jeeps to Ford F350 Superduty's without issue. They require a little bit more attention to detail, like checking beadlock ring bolt torque (I do mine about once a month of street driving or after each day of aired down wheeling). Bottom line, if ultra high horsepower King of the Hammer rigs, Baja trucks and SCORE Trophy Trucks have no issue, I doubt I will.

Check this thread, out of 20 rigs, I think only 3 didn't run beadlocks. Over 300 miles in three days with serious wheeling and 60-70 mph hwy runs from stage to stage.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...nce-pic-thread!

Edit: Also just look at forum owner Wayoflifes big bad JK "Moby", he runs beadlocks and wheels the hell out of his rig and it's a daily driver. Hope this helps my friend!

Last edited by GCM 2; 07-11-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
I have just completed the JK Experience over the last four days and all of your choices (minus Procomp) were one of the 20 JK's during the event. My next set of wheels, after running Walker Evans since 1999, will be the ATX Slabs Beadlock. I love my Walkers but it's time for a change. The Racelines, Spyder locks/ATX Slabs, and Walker Evans are all serious duty wheels being run on serious race rigs everyday, so it comes down to a style preference. They are all bomb proof Offroad wheels
Yes I'm almost positive I want to run a beadlocks I just wanted to throw procomp in there. I actually like walker Evans wheels a lot I would just want center caps for them because I'm not going to be running 1 tons front and rear
Old 07-11-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
Yes I'm almost positive I want to run a beadlocks I just wanted to throw procomp in there. I actually like walker Evans wheels a lot I would just want center caps for them because I'm not going to be running 1 tons front and rear
Walkers are a great choice, I have run them for years. You will not be disappointed
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

I really like the WE except that the bolt heads are heavily exposed so I chose the RL Monsters where the bolt heads have a little more protection. I was able to get the Monsters at a much cheaper price than the WE also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4171.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	184610  
Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tankcj
I really like the WE except that the bolt heads are heavily exposed so I chose the RL Monsters where the bolt heads have a little more protection. I was able to get the Monsters at a much cheaper price than the WE also.
Where did you get your Raceline Monsters? I noticed on their website that they currently have a "buy 3, get 1 free" special.

Also. what size are your wheels and what backspacing are you running? They look great!

Last edited by cowboybob; 07-22-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added stuff
Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually like TrailReady beadlocks, and they have a lifetime no questions asked warranty available, which is AWESOME!! i just gotta save up my pennies for a set of five

Quick Reply: What wheels would you choose?