Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What wheels would you like on your rig?
Walker evans beadlocks
30.63%
Raceline beadlocks
10.81%
Spyderlocks
17.12%
Procomp 7005
8.11%
Other
33.33%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

What wheels would you choose?

Old 07-10-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wheels would you choose?

Looking at getting a set of wheels here pretty soon for my 37in toyos im debating if i want to run beadlocks or not im ordering my prorock at the end of this month also i love the procomp 7005 but i love to air down and go off road and wouldnt want to have to worry about messing up my wheels everytime i do. Also where can you find center caps for walker evans raceline beadlocks etc..
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

My walkers came with centers caps, just give them a call. There customer service is pretty good but their turn around time is a little slow
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zig650
My walkers came with centers caps, just give them a call. There customer service is pretty good but their turn around time is a little slow
Good deal man. Did you order direct from walker Evans? Are you running street locks or beadlocks? Have any pics?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

I personally like the AEV Pintler Beadlocks
Old 07-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spyderlock is out of Business but the design has been purchased and changed slightly and sell under the ATX brand, model name Slab. I called walker Evans to purchase a set of beadlocks and was told the next boat from China is in route for delivery and should be 3 weeks. The whole idea that Walker Evans is 100% overseas including the tape and box used for packing turned me off on the idea. I called ATX and they actually machine and assemble all beadlock rims in the states. I bought five and love them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FabFrontBumper2.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	180893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newbuild.jpg
Views:	2595
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	180894  
Old 07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hypertech
Spyderlock is out of Business but the design has been purchased and changed slightly and sell under the ATX brand, model name Slab. I called walker Evans to purchase a set of beadlocks and was told the next boat from China is in route for delivery and should be 3 weeks. The whole idea that Walker Evans is 100% overseas including the tape and box used for packing turned me off on the idea. I called ATX and they actually machine and assemble all beadlock rims in the states. I bought five and love them.
Really good info right there I did not no that I will have to give atx a call myself. Can you get the slab in all black? Sweet rig btw
Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hypertech
I did not realize the Walker-Evans were chinese.... that's for that. (Shouldn't they be cheaper then?????) Time to start looking at the ATX's.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

No love for the Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlocks?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
No love for the Hutchinson Rock Monster beadlocks?

I actually like those wheels I just wish they came in black I really like black wheels. And my better half has go to approve of them too
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
Really good info right there I did not no that I will have to give atx a call myself. Can you get the slab in all black? Sweet rig btw

I liked the color combo for my rig so I never asked. The rings are aluminum so you could always have them anodized.

Quick Reply: What wheels would you choose?