Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What welder to buy

Old 03-23-2016, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Extremneon
I am very tempted to pickup this welder to do my own c-gussests and weld my raised trackbars on. Maybe do the inner sleeves on the front axle. Local shop quoted 6 hours in labor at $95 hour to weld c's on and sleeve the Dana 44 and install balljoints. Few welding jobs on the jeep would pay for the welder. Would even look at maybe doing axle truss also, been checking a ton of videos on it. Looks like the main thing is either small welds at a time and cool down or heat the axle up and slow down the cooling down process. Don't want to mess up the axle.
Comparing the 2 I wouldn't hesitate to choose buying the welder. You'll have that thing for the rest of your life as compared to 1 front axle. It's intimidating making the purchase for those who don't know how to weld, but it's truly not that hard to learn. It'll take a little time and patience but for someone in the offroad scene, it's valuable skill.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have also been looking at the Miller 211 and Hobart 210mvp. Miller is the most expensive as it appears that the rebate just went away in December.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hobart 210 is an awesome machine, I had an older Hobart and upgraded to the 210 last year and wish I would have done it sooner.

Not sure if it's still the case but Blains Farm & Fleet always had the best pricing on the Hobarts and free shipping when they have a deal running.

Quick Reply: What welder to buy