Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What tuner should I buy?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tuner should I buy?

Trying to find out what is the best tuner to buy for my 2 door 08 JK??? I've looked at a few but I don't know what would be best to recover some power that I lost after I upgraded my tires.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kalitri35
Trying to find out what is the best tuner to buy for my 2 door 08 JK??? I've looked at a few but I don't know what would be best to recover some power that I lost after I upgraded my tires.
I don't know about the other tuner but I can tell u that I absolutely love my Superchip! So many different tuning u can do..
Old 03-27-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by superjk10

I don't know about the other tuner but I can tell u that I absolutely love my Superchip! So many different tuning u can do..
how much of a power increase did you notice??
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor

Kalitri,

You want to check out the DiabloSport tuners. They are one of the best on the market today, and have some of the best support out there. You won't notice a huge gain in power, but the throttle response will be the most notable improvement.

Along with the performance you can control idle speed, adjust for tire size and gears, control lockers and sway bars (Rubicon), and so much more. The tuner will let you tune for towing, fuel economy, and power.

Send me a Pm if you need any other help!

-Zach
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

I have been looking at the various tuners and have narrowed it down to either the DiabloSport DCX or the Trinity. It really depends which features you want.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

X2 on the diablosport. I run the predator.

I have a 2010 JKU Mountain edition automatic (3.73 gears) and the differences it made were great. I live in a particularly hilly area of northern NH (the White Mountains) and not only have the shift points changed dramatically allowing me to utilize OD without it constantly shifting, but my MPG improved by almost 2 MPG.

I run the 87 octane tune. Performance wise (aka seat of the pants dyno) says not much difference off the line, but it's a plug in tuner not a RIPP supercharger. The proof is in the drivability and MPG increase.

I have MPG data that I have been compiling since install and will do a write up at some point but would like to get a solid 3-4 months of info to be thorough.

Good luck on your choice!!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

does its make a difference that I have a six speed with 3.21'a??,
Old 03-27-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

does its make a difference that I have a six speed with 3.21'a??,
I meant 3.21's*
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I meant 3.21's*
Here's what you need to get that baby rolling and it includes a Diablo inTune tool

Jeep Turbo Kit - Jeep Performance - Prodigy Performance - HomeProdigy Performance | The Next Level in Jeep Performance
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

how much of a power increase did you notice??
Kinda hard to tell but i did notice it has a bit more pep to it.. And im saving on gaz also..

Quick Reply: What tuner should I buy?