Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What tuner

Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tuner

Hello I need some help figuring out what tuner to get. I have a 2007 jk x 6 speed with 3.21 gears . I have a cat back exhaust, intake, tbs. I don't have the power package so Idc about tpms and shift points. I have 33s on it now and will be going to 35s once I strengthen the axles and regear to 4.88/4.56. Just looking for some increase in power and throttle response. Maybe help with the rpm hang too. Any advice will help. Thank you in advance
Old 03-03-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 07 with 6 speed and exhaust. I have a super chips does everything I need it to. Don't expect any earth shattering performance gains. Get a tuner and then get gears as soon as you can after you get tires. The gears will make you think you got a new motor.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eugene_jeeper
I have an 07 with 6 speed and exhaust. I have a super chips does everything I need it to. Don't expect any earth shattering performance gains. Get a tuner and then get gears as soon as you can after you get tires. The gears will make you think you got a new motor.
Do you notice any throttle response or anything ? Which one do you have ?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have the flashpaq with their tune. I believe it says superchips throttle response as an option. It works good does everything I need it to. It's an na motor so the tuning is basic as are the performance gains. I've read guys have noticeable gains running their 91 octane tune but with gas prices I don't see the value to performance it's not a race car.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have a dsp i love it.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have the item number please so I can find which one
Old 03-12-2014, 04:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Go to the Superchips/DiabloSport/Hypertech/whoever website and plug in your vehicle info, they will show you what is available for 'your' make/model/year. Some models that some of us are using are out of date, so you won't find them.

(ie, flashpaq 3875 that many, many of us have used, is no longer available through their website, and you will be pointed to the newer model. Or for DiabloSport, there are two versions that cover different model years, so if you buy based on the number someone else gives you, you may end up with the wrong unit...)

Superchips probably has the largest customer base and is a good off the shelf option. DiabloSport is set up for custom tunes, and is used by many of the supercharger mfg's, something to consider if you think a s/c may be in your future.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Go to the Superchips/DiabloSport/Hypertech/whoever website and plug in your vehicle info, they will show you what is available for 'your' make/model/year. Some models that some of us are using are out of date, so you won't find them. (ie, flashpaq 3875 that many, many of us have used, is no longer available through their website, and you will be pointed to the newer model. Or for DiabloSport, there are two versions that cover different model years, so if you buy based on the number someone else gives you, you may end up with the wrong unit...) Superchips probably has the largest customer base and is a good off the shelf option. DiabloSport is set up for custom tunes, and is used by many of the supercharger mfg's, something to consider if you think a s/c may be in your future.
Thank you for all the info
Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

On the 09 I had. Super chips hands down. Gained a whopping mile per gallon but noticeable throttle response. Now have 13. And again IMO super chips. I have tried bully dog, diablo and super chips. My judgement is on ease of tune, milage,response and price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-12-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ybugly
On the 09 I had. Super chips hands down. Gained a whopping mile per gallon but noticeable throttle response. Now have 13. And again IMO super chips. I have tried bully dog, diablo and super chips. My judgement is on ease of tune, milage,response and price Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
The super chips 3872?

Quick Reply: What tuner