Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What tools to bring?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tools to bring?

I know the sky is the limit, but what are the basic tools that you would not go on a single day trip without?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Junkie

My wrenches and sockets from 8mm to 22 mm. Flashlight, ratchet strap, super glue, duck tape, tow strap, jumper cables, strong sharp blade, pry bar of some sort, book, 80 lb. fishing line, gun, rope, sleeping bag, jug of water, coveralls.

That is just what I carry with me every day. I also have several flashlights, hats from ball cap to thick winter hat, shotgun, pistol, rifle, gallon of water, and spare jeans and shirt and socks.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

Oh ya, I go alone everywhere. I don't go anywhere I don't think I can get home, but sh*t happens. That's why I carry all that with me. I've had to stay overnight several times and don't like to be bored.

I can always hunt, fish, or read a book when i get stuck. Then grab the highlift jack and tow strap and manually winch myself out .
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Delux2769
My wrenches and sockets from 8mm to 22 mm. Flashlight, ratchet strap, super glue, duck tape, tow strap, jumper cables, strong sharp blade, pry bar of some sort, book, 80 lb. fishing line, gun, rope, sleeping bag, jug of water, coveralls.

That is just what I carry with me every day. I also have several flashlights, hats from ball cap to thick winter hat, shotgun, pistol, rifle, gallon of water, and spare jeans and shirt and socks.
I like how you just slip the book in there. ::thumbs up::
Old 03-14-2012, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Oh ya, I go alone everywhere. I don't go anywhere I don't think I can get home, but sh*t happens. That's why I carry all that with me. I've had to stay overnight several times and don't like to be bored.

I can always hunt, fish, or read a book when i get stuck. Then grab the highlift jack and tow strap and manually winch myself out .
you're a little more prepared than me... i need to put these in the trunk!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by csthibeau

you're a little more prepared than me... i need to put these in the trunk!

I try to be. I'll post a couple pics of how i keep everything when I get off work.

I'm actually living in my Jeep right now since it's Spring Break.

Quick Reply: What tools to bring?