Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What tire size should I run?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toad
I had 35s with a TF 2.5" BB and mine rubbed alot. I would go over a small dip just on the street and they would rub. I suggest either cutting your fenders or going to a 3" lift to clear the 35s. But, that's just my experience on a 2-dr. It may also depend on the type of BB you go with and tire as well.
Hey Toad, I am getting the 2.5 BB from Kopsy I think it’s a rough country kit so it might be slightly different then the TF.

Where did yours rub and did you have to upgrade your driveline for the 35's? I know you have an X so you have the Dana 30 so its a little different.

I am planning on cutting the fenders and trimming the rock rails and pinch seam in the rear to help. Pleinair was going to buy my 32's but now he is going down a different path so I am not sure if I can afford the 35's right away now anyway. Maybe I can find some used tires that someone is looking to get rid of so they can upgrade to 37's.

When you put the MORE bumper on the front did it sag enough to cause rub in the front? I was actually looking at the same bumper for mine.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Your Rubicon's drivetrain will be fine with 35s.
Thanks I appreciate the input. I am just paranoid about breaking something on the trail and not being able to get off the trail to fix it.

Originally Posted by Foo
Doesn't rub with my 2.5 Teraflex BB... but I added xenon flairs!

Love it!

Looking good, I saw those flares and can't decide between getting those and trimming the stock ones. I guess if I screw up trimming the stock ones I can always get a pair of the xenon flairs. It's nice that they have the side marker still built in. Does it light or is it just a reflector?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hansen65
Thanks I appreciate the input. I am just paranoid about breaking something on the trail and not being able to get off the trail to fix it.

Looking good, I saw those flares and can't decide between getting those and trimming the stock ones. I guess if I screw up trimming the stock ones I can always get a pair of the xenon flairs. It's nice that they have the side marker still built in. Does it light or is it just a reflector?
To answer your question...The light on the flare does LIGHT UP.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35s on my TF 2.5" coil lift and shocks. no rubbing, havent fully flexed yet, though, as the rock rails are close in the rear.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Mine rubbed in the wheel well whenever we went over any kind of dip in the road. We definitely needed to go to a taller lift with the 35s. Worse case scenario, you can always trim your fenders. The MORE front bumper added a little weight but with the lift, it's fine..no sagging. And since I have a 2-dr, I had to upgrade my driveshafts because of the angle the lift created. Since you have a 4-dr, I think you would eventually need to do one of them (not sure which since I don't have 4-dr experience). You should be fine for the time being though.

The drive shafts were for when you put the 4"lift on right? I should be OK with the 2.5 right?

Quick Reply: What tire size should I run?