Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What springs provide smother ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full traction??.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
I have experienced a few installs now. I have got a feel for a variety of suspension lifts on some JK's.

I can tell you that there are a few different types of OME springs that will give you different types of ride comfort.

They make a standard LT Coils for those with two doors that aren't planning on going with any extra/after market bumpers, winches, and armor.

And they make a HD set-up designed for those four doors that ARE planning on running armor, winches, and bumpers.

I have a two door with the OME HD Suspension with Long Travel Shocks and it rides better then a dream. I have never seen anyone unsatisfied with their Old Man Emu Suspensions.

I have the HD Coils on my two door that gave me a little more then 3" of lift height.

The white jeep is a two door sitting on a pro comp 4" suspension lift and 35" KM2s.

The silver jeep is mine on a 3"+ OME HD Long travel on 35" KM2s yet I am a 1/4 inch higher than his back to back.

Both jeeps are sitting with their passenger side front tire on the curb so there is that lean.

Last but not least. In which will give you a "Smoother Ride" it's really going to be a toss-up and it's pretty subjective. I am going to say that the Full-Traction should give a better ride ONLY if you are willing to add additional suspension such as control arms... I can tell you that the further away you move from the ground the bouncier your going to get...
Very nice looking Jeep!!. Thanks you for the advice. I will considere OME in my list because looks like it provides the best ride.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just glancing through this thread, but I'd also consider Offroad Evo's plush ride springs. I have not experienced them personally, but I'd have to say with their reputation and dedication to the JK world, that I'd give them a call. I wouldn't imagine them being called plush ride springs if they're were just exactly that. I know I've consider switching to them when I go up to 37's. I'm currently running the TF 3" springs and they're not super stiff, but I daily drive my jeep alot. So, in the last year I'd say thery're great, but I wouldn't mind a little better ride on the highway. I'm guessing my shocks would play more of a roll in that though. So, keep that in mind also. Good luck!

-Chad-
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So what shocks ?

I'm also interested in a better on road ride.
So what shocks should I be concidering ?

Thanks

RLT
Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RLT

Thanks

RLT
Fox or ELKA's, ELKA's are fantastic all around on/off road. The Fox's that TeraFlex sells are tuned for TeraFlex suspension are great for high speed off road. ELKA's are a 4 valve shock vs. Fox is a single, in the series that TeraFlex offers.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Seriously, contact Dave at Northridge and talk to him about the OME Long Travel. It rides way better than Stock. Just put mine on and love it.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by RLT

Thanks

RLT
I would suggest Bilstein 5100's to go along with our Coils. It rides very smooth.
Both are in stock ready to ship
Old 09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

I would highly suggest the Bilstein 5100s as well. I went though stock Rubicon w/extensions, Rancho, TeraFlex, OME (regular not long travel) and Fox. I settled on the OME springs and Bilstein shocks. Best combo I have ever had for both street and off road.

Quick Reply: What springs provide smother ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full traction??.