Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What springs provide smother ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full traction??.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What springs provide smother ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full traction??.

Based in your experience what springs provide better ON ROAD drive. I mean smother and more comfortable ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full Traction?.
Thanks in advance
Old 09-21-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

I love my Old Man Emu set up....rides much better than stock.

I have mine coupled to Bilstein 5100s though.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by seal20
I love my Old Man Emu set up....rides much better than stock.

I have mine coupled to Bilstein 5100s though.
Thank you for your answer.
I am thinking in 3" lift. I have seen OME 2"lift kit but no 3". Do you know if there is a OME 3" lift kit?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpjk2009
Thank you for your answer.
I am thinking in 3" lift. I have seen OME 2"lift kit but no 3". Do you know if there is a OME 3" lift kit?
I have experienced a few installs now. I have got a feel for a variety of suspension lifts on some JK's.

I can tell you that there are a few different types of OME springs that will give you different types of ride comfort.

They make a standard LT Coils for those with two doors that aren't planning on going with any extra/after market bumpers, winches, and armor.

And they make a HD set-up designed for those four doors that ARE planning on running armor, winches, and bumpers.

I have a two door with the OME HD Suspension with Long Travel Shocks and it rides better then a dream. I have never seen anyone unsatisfied with their Old Man Emu Suspensions.

I have the HD Coils on my two door that gave me a little more then 3" of lift height.

The white jeep is a two door sitting on a pro comp 4" suspension lift and 35" KM2s.

The silver jeep is mine on a 3"+ OME HD Long travel on 35" KM2s yet I am a 1/4 inch higher than his back to back.

Both jeeps are sitting with their passenger side front tire on the curb so there is that lean.

Last but not least. In which will give you a "Smoother Ride" it's really going to be a toss-up and it's pretty subjective. I am going to say that the Full-Traction should give a better ride ONLY if you are willing to add additional suspension such as control arms... I can tell you that the further away you move from the ground the bouncier your going to get...

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 09-21-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Former Member

Based in your experience what springs provide better ON ROAD drive. I mean smother and more comfortable ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full Traction?.
Thanks in advance
We have a soft spring rate, It rides very nice. Just make sure you buy a good shock to go with it.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
ONLY if you are willing to add additional suspension such as control arms....
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks in advance

I've owned a long arm Full Traction lift on a TJ, and own a long arm Teraflex lift on my JK. In my opinion those are the two best lifts you can buy.

Which one is going to give you the BEST on road ride? The one with the better shocks, thats which one
So buy whichever one you want, or whichever one you think you'll get the best customer service from, but put the best shocks you can afford on it, and you'll have the best ride.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks in advance
i have run both the full traction and teraflex lifts on my JK and while both are great kits, i would have to say that the full traction coils offer a better ON ROAD ride. looking at the coils side by side, the full traction coils are a bit shorter than teraflex but, they have more winds to them and are softer.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the TF 2.5" lift an the ride is smoother enough. From what I can remember the stock wasn't has smooth, yet the TF does feel more like a jeep. My stock springs and shocks made the jeep feel like a ford explorer type SUV. much happier with the TF.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you all for the helpful answers. I asked because My JK is daily driver. I am 90% of the time in a Highway and I don’t want to get a really stiff suspension. Many thanks!!

Quick Reply: What springs provide smother ON ROAD drive Teraflex or Full traction??.