Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What The!? Springs that just don't make sense. Any help appreciated.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I post this in every stock spring thread I see, that there is no such thing as "rubicon" or "jku" springs, you HAVE to look at the numbers first.
I've lost count the number of times this has happened, someone bought "rubi" springs only to find they are the same or worse then what they already have.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ncb
The 10th anniversary Rubicon springs part numbers start with 68. There's no way a four door Rubicon would be on standard 12/53 springs. It would be a low rider.
I agree with this, and my rear coils do start with 68, but not the rest. I am 60% sure they are from a 10A, but do not want to crap shoot it and waste my time. I am sorry for beating a dead horse, but I would like some clarification. Thank you all for your input. Do the photos seem like they are from a 10A?
Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you just want a bit of a boost I'd install the TF leveling kit or some small spacers. Then there's no guessing and wasted work.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by thetasigma1412
I agree with this, and my rear coils do start with 68, but not the rest. I am 60% sure they are from a 10A, but do not want to crap shoot it and waste my time. I am sorry for beating a dead horse, but I would like some clarification. Thank you all for your input. Do the photos seem like they are from a 10A?
You have to look at the 2 numbers they end with and these are your spring numbers not the starting number.

For example:

Front p/n 52126319AB (this is a 19 front spring)

Rear p/n 68004460AA (this is a 60 rear spring)

Hope this makes sense.

Quick Reply: What The!? Springs that just don't make sense. Any help appreciated.