Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What size lift for 35" tires

Old 02-06-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaJeep07
I have 17" with 4.5" backspacing wheels. So I could get away with a month or so without the lift? Thanks so much...
U should be fine for a month on 35s with that bs as long as u cut the pinch seam and cut ur fenders and dont take it off road.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my 35's ordered with 3.75"bs 15" rims. I have a 2" bb lift and sahara fenders. Am I going to have problems or should I be ok until I can grow the balls to cut my fenders.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by medic_23387
I have my 35's ordered with 3.75"bs 15" rims. I have a 2" bb lift and sahara fenders. Am I going to have problems or should I be ok until I can grow the balls to cut my fenders.
on the road, prob ok, off road u will have lots of rubbing and may rip ur fenders off unless u extend ur bump stops.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by medic_23387
Look at it this way, if they rub, you could always get a 1.25 inch body lift
Old 02-07-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

2.5" and 35's work perfectly. i dont know why its not for some people... its perfectly fine. i wouldnt do more than a 2.5 on a 2 door
Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default 35

I just got a 2.5 inch Rough Country suspension lift and put 33s on. They said 35s would fit no problem. So far I have no complaints. It rides smooth and there is not too much noise from the tires.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just put Goodyear MTR Kevlar 35 12.5R17 under my 2Door Rubicon and they rub (A LOT!!) I have used a BFH on the pinch seam and cut the factroy rock rails 1 1/2 inches.

The rubbing is in the rear wheel well (rubbing on the front and on the top of the fender flares) I am running AEV’s Savegre Wheels with a 4.7" back space.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2" lift.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default a lil extra tid bit

im not disagreeing with anyones input here, but I figured I would add something else. I went with the Rough Country 2.5" BB about 2 years ago, and now I am getting ready to swap it out. My jeep is still my daily driver for another year so I couldnt go all out with it. I have ran this on the stock wheels and rims, but I ended up getting the Rough Country shocks to go with it. That is something I would advise against. The ride from them was so rough on and off road was ridiculously rough with even the smallest bumps. Now I have also seen some debate on if bad shocks can cause or contribute to Death Wobble. After what I have went through with it, i would definately agree that it certainly has the potential to. I also just purchased new 33 inch tires to throw on. I dont think I will go over 3 inches of list for a while, but I am definalte ygoing to get a higher quality smaller lift. I would say budget boosts are fine for those who are staying street with their jeeps, but otherwise.. spend a lil more money at first to save yourself a lot of money in the long run.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Wrangler_Jay
hmmm... i was trying to avoid the 3" + route as a lot of posts i read were suggesting a lot more parts and problems with that much lift... so what gives?

Just differing opinions or ?

I was planning on a 2.5 " TF lift kit with shocks, TF adj. front trackbar, TF adj. front lca's, TF c-gussets, TF steering stabilizer... I mean I was planning on putting in quite a bit parts anyways.... the only thing I really was trying to avoid is any replacement of driveshafts.... I only do some light trails and mud trails for the most part when i am offroad but mostly just pavement driving... so I had hoped that by sticking to 2.5" of lift I could avoid that with 35's. Was planning on a superchips and gears at some point as well I suppose.

Should I just do that 3" lift then instead and hope for the best, lol. I have a 2 dr, 6 speed if it matters. Just trying to make a plan before I start and save up accordingly so im not doing double parts!
You will be fine on a 3" kit, stick with 27" or shorter shock and you will not need a new driveshaft. You should know they are not strong to begin with. So plan on replacing it in the future.

Quick Reply: What size lift for 35" tires