Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What size front coil spacers would you recommend?

Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What size front coil spacers would you recommend?

Here's how my Jeep looks now. I appreciate your input. I added an XHD stubby with a Smittybilt winch and of course the Jeep sags a bit. I have no idea what size I would need to lever her out. Eventually I'm going to look into a modest lift and some new wheels or tires... but for now I'm going to try the spacers.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1.75

Mine is all stock except 1.75" spacers in the front. This isn't a great pic, but it always looks level to me.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Measure the height of the front to some specific point, like the top or bottom of the front bumper. then stick a jack under the front of it and get it level out where you want it, then measure it again. Subtract the two for a ballpark of what you'll want.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

I would probably go with the adjustable front coil spacers. Say you decide to get a lift and it sags differently, you can adjust it. You can adjust it on the fly too without removing the coil springs. You just unload the suspension adjust it and go
Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

see if you can get 4 dr unlimited rubicon springs. and maybe 3/4" spacer
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by xerofall
I have no idea what size I would need to lever her out.
It really depends on how "level" you want it. Do you want it back to the factory stance? Then I would say add a 3/4" spacer on top of your front coils to compensate for the XHD and winch only. If you want to go further and level the factory rake out as well then you will probably want another 1" or so. Other than that I think Happy had a good suggestion and take a jack and lift the front where you want it and take some measurements to determine which spacer size you want.

This Daystar kit may do the trick without the expense of buying new HD front coils or a complete lift kit:
Daystar Comfort Ride 1¾" Front & Rear Leveling Kit

Then again...if you want to do it once...just go ahead and get a new set of HD coils and do your lift kit now.

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 06-08-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the high rock with the warn 9.5 ti winch and i have a 1.75" front spacer in. that makes mine sit level i had the 1" in and i still had a littel rake here it is now
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 001.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	25221   Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 006.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	25222   Click image for larger version

Name:	misc 007.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	25223  
Old 06-08-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
I would probably go with the adjustable front coil spacers. Say you decide to get a lift and it sags differently, you can adjust it. You can adjust it on the fly too without removing the coil springs. You just unload the suspension adjust it and go
I AGREE!! Just put ACOS on mine and love the idea of being able to adjust them for whatever I need...Towing trailer, different armor, etc

Here's a link to mine https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/acos-installed-89188/

Why go with a polyurethane spacer that can blow out over time when you can have an adjustable billet aluminum one??
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yellow08jk
Mine is all stock except 1.75" spacers in the front. This isn't a great pic, but it always looks level to me.

Where did you get your half doors? I've been looking for some for a while now.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MsCin
Where did you get your half doors? I've been looking for some for a while now.
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that he built his himself. The slightly off color of the door is because he spray painted it, if I remember correctly.

Quick Reply: What size front coil spacers would you recommend?