Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What size compressor do most of you use for your Jeep ? HP, Tank, Max PSI

Old 03-18-2015, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Elusive
I have the same crazy loud compressor from sears as mentioned above. I put mine in an old cabinet with some Styrofoam on the door and its acceptable now. I have been using it quite a bit for many years but I also would not recommend it. you really want a nice 220 compressor if it is a lifetime investment.
Being military and moving every 2-3 years becomes a HUGE PIA when trying to move this stuff. Last house we rented had a ton of garage cabinets and peg boards, this house has nothing. I just dont want some huge compressor that will be a pain to move around. Then again, it might be more beneficial to start looking into these cordless impacts.

Last edited by mhockey9090; 03-18-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it were me until you retire, I'd just use the local hobby shop on base. It helped me tons of times years ago...then again, I have no idea if they have them anymore.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
If it were me until you retire, I'd just use the local hobby shop on base. It helped me tons of times years ago...then again, I have no idea if they have them anymore.
As a recruiter, we don't typically get duty assignments near installations. The AFB in Vegas, their hobby shop was poorly ran, and then shut down.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Hmmm. Crap. Yeah recruiting could throw things off. Well, that's my ideas! Lol
Old 03-18-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
Hmmm. Crap. Yeah recruiting could throw things off. Well, that's my ideas! Lol
Yeah it sure does. Thats why I was looking at some of these ones at home depot or lowes that are around the 5-8 gallon, next size is the 20-30 gallon.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Yeah it sure does. Thats why I was looking at some of these ones at home depot or lowes that are around the 5-8 gallon, next size is the 20-30 gallon.
I wouldn't go less than 30 gal considering running air tools. And, depending on the type, specifically impact wrenches, 30 gal minimum.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Being military and moving every 2-3 years becomes a HUGE PIA when trying to move this stuff. Last house we rented had a ton of garage cabinets and peg boards, this house has nothing. I just dont want some huge compressor that will be a pain to move around. Then again, it might be more beneficial to start looking into these cordless impacts.
I'd take into account that rechargeable batteries deteriorate when not used for a period, get empty and stored that way. Corded tools aren't 'that' bad.

I got fed up with so many thing to charge... phone, iPad, flashlight, 3 handheld CBs, laptop (which I don't often use), recorder, camera, drill, etc'...

Last edited by GJeep; 03-19-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GJeep
I'd take into account that rechargeable batteries deteriorate when not used for a period, get empty and stored that way. Corded tools aren't 'that' bad.

I got fed up with so many thing to charge... phone, iPad, flashlight, 3 handheld CBs, laptop (which I don't often use), recorder, camera, drill, etc'...
Thats the only thing I dislike about having to go cordless is charging up all the crap.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ingersoll rand garage mate. It is wonderful. Super quiet.

I put it though its paces last year and never had the thought that I needed something more.

The usual air tools, paint gun.

I was surprised at how seldom it cycled during use. Especially while painting.

It's easy to move around the shop. Not great to take over to a buddy's house. It's heavy.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a ton of research I decided on the Husky upright 33 Gal from Home Depot. Its pretty quite, and runs my impact gun with ease. Also purchased the 50ft retractable hose reel from Harbor freight which has worked well

Quick Reply: What size compressor do most of you use for your Jeep ? HP, Tank, Max PSI