Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What size car hauler trailer?

Old 04-02-2020, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size car hauler trailer?

I'm going to get a car hauler with side rails to haul my Jeep. 20ft long seems to be the perfect size but I'm curious about width. I'm wondering if anyone bought an 83" wide trailer, did some more mods and later on wished their trailer was wider? My current setup will fit but future mods over time it may not. Curious what others have discovered. Thanks.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Either get drive on fenders or 85" between them.
Get a 12k trailer, 8 lug tires.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking a 102" width trailer and 7k axles.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a 20' long aluminum 10k trailer (102" wide OA) that is 83" wide between the fenders. I don't haul my wide JK often (the other Jeep is narrower) and built ramps to allow driving over the fenders without damaging them. I'd love to have the wider style drive-over fenders but couldn't find an aluminum trailer with what I wanted. Some mfgrs build a quick release fender that will also do the job but, again, in aluminum it just wasn't available.

Quick Reply: What size car hauler trailer?