Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What size bolt is this??

Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What size bolt is this??

I'm installing LoD sliders and it uses the factory bolt for the auto trans skid plate. Issue is that I have a manual, so no skid plate. Can someone tell me what size bolt it is? It is the bolt in the picture that goes up through the slider bracket and then the skid plate and into the frame. There is already a threaded insert in my frame, so I need the exact bolt/thread size. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-322110817.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	477598
Old 07-13-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Apparently it is an m12-1.5 x 40. I can't find one anywhere... It's really frustrating when you spend $600 on a product and they don't supply all the needed hardware. As far as I can tell, anyone who has a manual transmission and buys LoD sliders, will have the same issue. It can't cost them but $2 to supply the bolts. Now I have to quit part way through the install and order $2 worth of bolts online and pay $5 for shipping. Sweet...
Old 07-13-2013, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't heard of that. I would call Chris at lod and tell him it was missing fasteners.

I havent had any problems with my LOD products. But it's kinda weird that Home Depot or Fasenal did not have the bolts.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I haven't heard of that. I would call Chris at lod and tell him it was missing fasteners.

I havent had any problems with my LOD products. But it's kinda weird that Home Depot or Fasenal did not have the bolts.
I've found a few other posts on JK forums where people had to find the bolts. Apparently the 1.5 pitch is not standard on an m12 bolt (I can find 1.75 everywhere).

Quick Reply: What size bolt is this??