Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What should I use?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I use?

What should I be putting on my exposed threads on the control arms, trackbars and drank link to prevent them from rusting with all the salt that will be flying around here soon?
Old 11-18-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dinojeep
What should I be putting on my exposed threads on the control arms, trackbars and drank link to prevent them from rusting with all the salt that will be flying around here soon?
Take a wire brush to them and then spray them with rustoleum... They have a variety of colors and clear....
Old 11-18-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I creeped under my jeep when i first bought it and brushed on antiseize on every exposed thread, i havent seen a bit of rust yet, and i powerwash the underside of my jeep and its all still there
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jK-ataklysm
I creeped under my jeep when i first bought it and brushed on antiseize on every exposed thread, i havent seen a bit of rust yet, and i powerwash the underside of my jeep and its all still there
that's not such a bad idea.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just power wash mine. If they rust, I don't care. But if you have adjustable parts, then spray them with some rustoleum paint, or just take some grease and spread it liberally on the exposed threads and it should last the winter. I don't know what kind of grease, but they have some designed for rust proofing underbodies.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Ok, thanks for steering me in the right direction.
Would red n tacky work for this?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jK-ataklysm
If you ever have to adjust them it is going to suck. I antiseized the threads on my coilovers once. I spent hours getting all the dirt filled antiseize out of the threads so i could adjust them.

Quick Reply: What should I use?