Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What should I do...I can not make up my mind.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do...I can not make up my mind.

Thanks in advance for entertaining my question. I just recently bought a 4 door JK unlimited x and can not make up my mind on what to do with it. I didnt want to drop for the rubicon b/c I knew I wanted to change out the axles sooner or later.

Here is my questions, keep in mind that it will be a daily driver, how should I spend the rest of the $30K saved up for mods.......engine swap now or later what engine (Hemi, 6l cadi, diesel?), lifts, axles ??????????? Any ideas would help, I just cant seem to make up my mind.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need more information. You said it's a daily driver and that you have the rest of $30K, but that doesn't tell us how much you really have left. Additionally, we need to know what type of off-roading you do if any -- including how hard you tend to me on it.

I'd definitely do new axles if you are going to do a Hemi swap.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

I really have that total amount set aside for mods (just north of $30k), I hit the trails hard but nothing truly insane, moab trips over the summer, local big bear runs, and trip to the rubi every couple of years, plus just dinking around in the desert.

I used to have 98 zj 5.9l on 6 inches of lift with 35's, locked d44 front and rear, etc....but do to a student driver was rearended by a car going 60mph when I was at a standstill....and the car was totaled and while i was fighting with my ins. it was sold from underneath me, mods and all. so I am starting from scratch again, but just can't make up my mind on which direction to go.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Put nitrous on it. LOTS.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Start by reading the forum on different mods that youre looking @. But w/ $30k to spend you could do just about anything you wanted all @ once. Build a beast, you have the cash, just come up w/ a plan that will work w/ your driving style.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

I believe we have a couple of offroad custom shops on here that specialize in jeeps im sure one of them would be able to help u out or atleast give u a few ideas.
JK Enthusiast

Wow wish I had 30k to spend
I think a diesel swap would be sweet!
Along with really big lift and really big tires
JK Newbie

If you have any of that 30k left i need some bumpers
Old 03-27-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, If I spent 30k modifying a 20something k jeep, I would need another pile of cash to pay a divorce attorney.

Have fun spending it, and be sure to post pics and costs as you go.

I would likely start with a hemi or diesel swap.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uhhhhh.... drive it over to Crocker and give them 30,000... I'm sure they'll fix it up nicely for you....

Quick Reply: What should I do...I can not make up my mind.