Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What shop for LS Swap?

Old 01-14-2019, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by OCHO BACON
I get that there are those that want manual shifted transmissions …….but that 6L80E transmission is what makes the LS swap so amazing .
Most guys that just Have to Have a manual tranny go with a Hemi , they work .
The tap shift feature allows you to hold a gear with the 6L80E if that is your concern , it won't shift unless you allow it to , if properly set up .
To answer your question about Bruiser , well a close friend had them do a swap and it was done so poorly that he finally sold it and had Robbie do another one .
Yep, what OCHO BACON said. The 6L80 is as much the reason for the LS Swap to be such a great system in the jeep as the LS itself. That transmission is pretty amazing. I opted for the tap-2-shift when I had Robbie do my install. I use it when rock crawling and it gives me the best of both worlds. I can choose the gear I'm in and I don't have to deal with a clutch.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again... I agree. I have a four door JK and my buddy has an LJ. We both had Robbie do LS3 and 6L80 conversions with tap shifters. The tap shifters are basically overrides that allow us to utilize our transmissions as manuals. If you are hardcore set on staying with the stick.. then economically andafor ease of a build- the hemi would probably fit your needs better.

Quick Reply: What shop for LS Swap?