Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What shop for LS Swap?

Old 10-26-2018, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default What shop for LS Swap?

I live in North East Texas and am curious of shops within about 4-7 hours drive (basically about 300 mile radius) from me that do LS swaps. I am sure there are several, but curious if anyone has had experience with any specific one. If so, what is your review of the shop and did they use their own customization or did they use components from someone like RPM Extreme, Motech, or Bruiser?
Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 PM
SLO
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you not consider having your Jeep trucked to Motech or RPM Extreme? I debated having a shop that was closer do the work but I don’t think anyone will do as good of a job as either of those guys that do 100’s of them. Especially since it’s their kits that they designed and are evolving.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

JOHN SCHUMACHER
OVERLAND PERFORMANCE, LLC

MAILING ADDRESS:
13427 Paces Pointe Drive
GONZALES, LA 70737
PHONE: 225.304.6288
EMAIL: john@overlandperformance.com
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLO
Would you not consider having your Jeep trucked to Motech or RPM Extreme? I debated having a shop that was closer do the work but I don’t think anyone will do as good of a job as either of those guys that do 100’s of them. Especially since it’s their kits that they designed and are evolving.
Yea, that thought has crossed my mind as well.

Originally Posted by caryt
JOHN SCHUMACHER
OVERLAND PERFORMANCE, LLC

MAILING ADDRESS:
13427 Paces Pointe Drive
GONZALES, LA 70737
PHONE: 225.304.6288
EMAIL: john@overlandperformance.com
I've had this shop suggested a couple of times over no JKOwners forum as well.
Old 10-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by MAG00
Yea, that thought has crossed my mind as well.

I've had this shop suggested a couple of times over no JKOwners forum as well.
So MoTech did my install for me a few years ago... I have 60,000 miles on my install now and it's been very dependable. I also know that John does some of the tuning for Robbie (MoTech).. by that, I mean that MoTech installs a good tune that's absolutely solid, but many folks then find that they want some tweaks... John is who Robbie refers folks to for those additional tweaks... things like torque management, shift points, etc...
Old 11-21-2018, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
So MoTech did my install for me a few years ago... I have 60,000 miles on my install now and it's been very dependable. I also know that John does some of the tuning for Robbie (MoTech).. by that, I mean that MoTech installs a good tune that's absolutely solid, but many folks then find that they want some tweaks... John is who Robbie refers folks to for those additional tweaks... things like torque management, shift points, etc...
Yeah Robbie @MoTech did my LS install, then John @Overland Performance "tweeked" the tune and as you indicate those modifications did indeed make a marked difference.
John is anomaly in the Mechanic Mentality of people involved in the industry that I have been exposed to. I think he really genuinely cares about your experience with your Jeep after he gets done with it.
You can't do better in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would agree with OCHO Bacon...

I had an LS3 installed at motech a few years back. John at overland has fixed all the kinks I had and in 2018 I had him do a EVI live tune. I believe he is also the guy that tweeks the kits for Robbie at motech. He isn't fast on new builds but he does amazing work
Old 01-13-2019, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have to agree about John at Overland Performance working wonders with the LS installs. I installed an LS over 3 years ago and have been battling fuel mileage and shifting issues. I read and heard enough good things about his work and after he contacted me originally wanting to get things running right for me, I called and talked to him several times. Finally I drove down from Kansas to Louisiana to have him work on it. He worked his magic and all I can say is wow! What a difference in how it drives. It is now a joy to drive, it shifts nice both up and down and if I get on it, watch out it roars to life.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone ever have Bruiser Conversions do an LS swap? Looking to have an LS Swap on my 2010 JKUR and keep my manual. I just received a quote for about 8K more than I was expecting from Bruiser. I called AEV as well, being they're just up the road from me. AEV said they no longer do LS swaps while keeping the manual. I'm also waiting for MoTech to respond. But looking for other opinions on those that have swapped to an LS and stayed true with a manual.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cheemsaf
Anyone ever have Bruiser Conversions do an LS swap? Looking to have an LS Swap on my 2010 JKUR and keep my manual. I just received a quote for about 8K more than I was expecting from Bruiser. I called AEV as well, being they're just up the road from me. AEV said they no longer do LS swaps while keeping the manual. I'm also waiting for MoTech to respond. But looking for other opinions on those that have swapped to an LS and stayed true with a manual.
I get that there are those that want manual shifted transmissions …….but that 6L80E transmission is what makes the LS swap so amazing .
Most guys that just Have to Have a manual tranny go with a Hemi , they work .
The tap shift feature allows you to hold a gear with the 6L80E if that is your concern , it won't shift unless you allow it to , if properly set up .
To answer your question about Bruiser , well a close friend had them do a swap and it was done so poorly that he finally sold it and had Robbie do another one .

The following users liked this post:
Cheemsaf (01-14-2019)

Quick Reply: What shop for LS Swap?