Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what shocks to buy?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what shocks to buy?

So I'm gonna be pulling the trigger on new shocks this winter. I'm stuck between either a set of king OEM performance kit which are they base model shocks with no remote reservoir or the fox 2.0 emulsion with remote reservoir. Idk which ones to get. Any suggestions?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
So I'm gonna be pulling the trigger on new shocks this winter. I'm stuck between either a set of king OEM performance kit which are they base model shocks with no remote reservoir or the fox 2.0 emulsion with remote reservoir. Idk which ones to get. Any suggestions?
I cant vouch for the kings but i love my fox 2.0's! Went from 5100's to Fox and it was night and day. Jeep rides smooth for DD and holds the faster trails very well.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

I've been researching shocks a good bit...I know this doesn't answer you question, but if you are lifted then it seems that everyone is always happy with "tuned" shocks specific to the lift and manufacturer.

That said, I bet most will say you will be happy with either of your choices. I would probably pick the fox shocks personally.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

My shocks are shot. So anything will be night and day to me lol. My rig set up is a 3in BDS suspension, 2in body( which is being replaced with a Daystar 1in poly kit soon.) Rolling on 37in Goodyear MT military tires which I'm getting the BFG military MTs this winter also. But both of these shocks are adjustable.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dont have the Fox with the remote resi, but I really like my Fox 2.0 IFP shocks.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
My shocks are shot. So anything will be night and day to me lol. My rig set up is a 3in BDS suspension, 2in body( which is being replaced with a Daystar 1in poly kit soon.) Rolling on 37in Goodyear MT military tires which I'm getting the BFG military MTs this winter also. But both of these shocks are adjustable.
BDS coils ? i have the BDS tuned FOX 2.0 shocks. BDS tunes them to work with BDS spring rates. probably a good choice!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Hmm I might have too look into that.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:43 PM
RND
JK Enthusiast

....kings....
Old 11-12-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RND
....kings....
Any reason why. I know they are practically race shocks but the ones im looking at are their basic shocks.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

I have 5100 because of my budget but I would recommend RockKrawler RRD shocks. You can get they with or without the reservoir and if you decide you can add the reservoir at a later point. They are completely tune able as well.

Quick Reply: what shocks to buy?