Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What shock/sping on 2dr Rubicon w/ TF BB

Old 06-04-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What shock/sping on 2dr Rubicon w/ TF BB

JK rookie....Just curious on everyones opinions for running a 2.5" TF BB w/ (200-250 lbs) nose weight due to bumper and winch.....
Is everyone OK with the factory shocks using the TF extensions and factory springs?...In terms of DD and Trails.

What spring/shock setup are you using? How do you like it?

Just trying to figure out what else I should purchase along w/ the TF BB.
Thanks.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

If you added 250 lb to the nose (That's a HEAVY winch bumper combo....especially considering the weight of the stock stuff you removed to mount it, etc...)...the stock coils will not be up to the task..and you'd either need to see how much it sagged, and simply add a spacer to bring it back up, or get the HD coil option from TF.

As for the shocks...same deal, the stock shocks valving will not have enough rebound/compression, so a stronger shock to help control all that cantilevered weight bouncing around would also be a good idea.

Off hand, I'd order the HD coils and the optional shocks, rather than using the extensions and spacers....as you will likely later add some armor and other weight too, that will allow flexibility in adjusting ride height with coil spacers THEN, after you see what happens with the progress of your mod path.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm about to do the BB on my 2-dr JK (x-model)

i'm going with pro-comp MX-6 shocks, 8179 wheels, 305/70/17 Goodyear MT/R's
Old 06-04-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On RubyDoo, I used the TF 2.5BB and Unlimited rubicon springs that help with the extra weight, it does make her ride slightly stiffer but its VERY liveable for the front the rear on the other hand, unless your going out louded for bear everytime the rear will be TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stiff.

Quick Reply: What shock/sping on 2dr Rubicon w/ TF BB