Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What Rock Krawler lift to buy?

Old 12-25-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Cool, the op didn't even ask about that lift. Thanks for the poser shot and useless info.
Merry Christmas.
he asked about "mid arm systems" x-factor is one of there mid arm systems , but hey every
website has a know it all I guess. was just trying to help. didn't mean to upset the ass of the site.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Really?
Did you even read the OP or just the title? He asked between the 3.5" flex and the 2.5" max travel because the two were the same price, not any mid(short) arm system. He didn't ask for any photos either. The op asked specific questions about suspension travel and if any other components would be needed.
What exactly did you answer with your response?

Last edited by TheDirtman; 12-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I respect thedirtman. It does getting tiring and very boring having folks respond , not to the OP, but to what they run, and also how they "love it, rides better than stock, perfect for..."
Old 12-25-2013, 01:57 PM
JK Junkie

"Rides better then stock" haha love it.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Height doesn't determine flex. It will allow the coils to stay seated running longer shocks.

Do you have a 2 or 4 door. Because RK coils are rated for a 4 door. 2.5" for the 2 door and 3.5@ for the 4 door.

More arms the better. All 8 allows wheelbase/caster and pinion angles
I have a JKUR
Old 12-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008
I am torn between the 2.5 Max Travel and the 3.5 Mid Arm Flex systems. Both are the same price. How much more articulation does the max travel have compared to a mid arm flex? And why does the max travel flex more?
Also what else will I need to properly complete the lift? With exception of shocks obviously.
To answer your question those two kits have the same components, just different coils and sway bar links. The length you set the arms and track bars to differs as well per lift height. The shock length and bump stops are the only thing that would be potentially different as far as flex goes. When removing a set of factory control arms and replacing them with a set of aftermarket arms such as ours will significantly reduce the bind in the suspension and result in a more freely moving suspension allowing you to utilize more shock length (flex more). Both those kits include pretty much everything you need at that lift height with those components other then shocks and bump stops.

RK

Quick Reply: What Rock Krawler lift to buy?