Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What octane do u use?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

110????? holy shit. talk about blowing up an engine. let me know how it works out buddy...

reading everyone elses posts... im sticking to the regular. thanks guys.

ps... i put 89 today. big difference!! like $3
Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Widowmaker
I use 87 also. Don't see the point of going higher. Its not like its going to make a huge performance difference for the cost difference. But now that I'm thinking of it, there is a gas station not too far from me that has 110....that might make the JK a bit peppy
Don't put that that crap in your Jeep. Octane is a measure of a fuels resistance to ignition. For the most power (and therefore mileage), an engine should be fed the fuel with the least octane that does not cause detonation (pinging). Engines with high compression or forced induction will benefit from the higher octane of the 110. Your engine will make LESS power and if it's a highly oxygenated fuel you can seriously lean out and damage your engine. I think those high O2 fuels are "pail" only, though, not pumped.

Octane only means power if the engine is built for it.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Don't put that that crap in your Jeep. Octane is a measure of a fuels resistance to ignition. For the most power (and therefore mileage), an engine should be fed the fuel with the least octane that does not cause detonation (pinging). Engines with high compression or forced induction will benefit from the higher octane of the 110. Your engine will make LESS power and if it's a highly oxygenated fuel you can seriously lean out and damage your engine. I think those high O2 fuels are "pail" only, though, not Hpumped.

Octane only means power if the engine is built for it.
Or have a programmer that you can tune it to 91 or 93. So basically no programmer 87 is the way to go...

Quick Reply: What octane do u use?