Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What next?

Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next?

I have a 2010 JKU auto on 35" terra Grapplers. I have a TF 4" with all adjustable control arms. Just installed the AEV High Steer kit.

What next... I think my build is going to go this route.... Best "drivability" as possible then start upgrading bumpers, rock rails, ect...

Should I get a flashpak, gears, drive shaft, or whatever you guys think. This is my first JK and don't know the best process. I have about $2000 to mess with at this point and want to do it right...

Any suggestion are great, thanks!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm unfamiliar with the TF kit but if you have ever noticed anything else I post if I had to start again I'd gusset all the trac-bar brackets if your running stock axles. I'd vote gears as a definite upgrade, dont have mine yet and am kicking myself in the rear about it. Then when I wheel I like to push the envelope just a little bit so I'd invest in rocker protection and at least a rear bumper with tire carrier. I know all that puts you over your $2 grand limit but just my 2cents. Also kind of depends on how much you wheel and what kind of wheelin you do.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gears for sure particularly with your budget. Sliders, front bumper, winch, recovery gear and a first aid kit. Oh, you have an auto. Definitely get a flashpaq.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You got right around 5" with those coils? Keep an eye on that front driveshaft, when it starts spitting grease at the tcase, you will want to replace it. The rear should be good for a while, but keep an eye on it also.

You should consider C gussets and sleeves on that front D30, gears to offset the bigger tires, and a programmer/tuner to set the computer for the new tires and gears.

Quick Reply: What next?