Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what is needed for a full EVO suspension setup?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
We have the full EVO suspension including front coilovers, rear EVO lever and the Long arm kit with the envy links.

Here is a link to our install of the long arm setup...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?135110

A pic of the long arm upgrade kit...

A few final pics...

What kind of wheels are those? I see them all the time and I just never see who makes them.
Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captjay
ok i'm confused

the long arm kit includes front, rear, upper, and lower long arms and then add envy links for xtra $$$. it looks to me the envy links replace the control arms or do the control arms stay on and the envy links are xtra?? i'm not understanding why i need to get the long arm kit if the envy links replace the arms or am i completely wrong??

i must be wrong because it makes no sense to me to buy the long arm kit wth long arms, then spend more $$ on the envy links and not even use the long arms.

would someone clear this up please
The EVO envy links are just optional upgraded lower control arms. If you don't want to spend the extra money you can go with the standard steel links. You don't get both, you just get one or the other.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Tightdog
What kind of wheels are those? I see them all the time and I just never see who makes them.
Thanks
The wheels are Spyderlocks.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The EVO envy links are just optional upgraded lower control arms. If you don't want to spend the extra money you can go with the standard steel links. You don't get both, you just get one or the other.
ohhhhhhhhhh ok thanks! like i said i was getting confused here. but that's what this great forum is for, to better understand.
i do want the envy links. looks like i will be calling evo soon and start checking everything out.

from what i can see so far, i will go with:
the long arm kit
coilover front
lever rear
envy links
king 14" front and king coilover rear
14" end links (might go wth the currie antirock)
rear end links

what is the purpose of the competition tune sway bar rear?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by captjay
what is the purpose of the competition tune sway bar rear?
The competition sway bar is beefier and is integrated into the EVO lever. If you don't get it, you will have to reuse the factory sway bar.

Here is a pic of the EVO lever with the factory sway bar. You can see that under extreme flex, the factory sway bar will bow a bit..

Here is a pic of the competition tuned sway bar. It is integrated into the EVO lever rather then attached underneath like the factory one...

Old 11-10-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you wayoflifette, you have been a tremendous help on this.

seeing a pic of it physically bowing is a lot more helpful than someone just saying it will bow. i think i will add that to the list. i am trying to do this right the first go around, so if that means saving for another month then so be it. i have enjoyed my re lift but wish i had done more homework back then.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with EVO about what is required to go from a stock '11 Rubi Unlimted to a full EVO setup running 35" or 37" tires.

For the front coilover system I was advised I would need:
EVO Coilover kit
EVO Lower control arms (adjustable) or similar
Adjustable Trackbar- Tereflex or similar
New front drive shaft-
Tereflex or EVO flip kit for front tie rods

For the rear lever system I was advised I would need:
EVO Lever system
SOME TYPE OF LIFT KIT ??

I was under the impression that the EVO kit provided an adjustable lift height from 3"-6". EVO's rep told me the lift kit provided the lift to the rear and not the EVO system. I looked at the photos of WOL's lever setup, and don't see any lift components other than the EVO lever on the rear. Am I missing something?

mvbeggs
'11 Rubicon Unlimited- Mango Tango- Stock (for a little while)
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mvbeggs
I just got off the phone with EVO about what is required to go from a stock '11 Rubi Unlimted to a full EVO setup running 35" or 37" tires.

For the front coilover system I was advised I would need:
EVO Coilover kit
EVO Lower control arms (adjustable) or similar
Adjustable Trackbar- Tereflex or similar
New front drive shaft-
Tereflex or EVO flip kit for front tie rods

For the rear lever system I was advised I would need:
EVO Lever system
SOME TYPE OF LIFT KIT ??

I was under the impression that the EVO kit provided an adjustable lift height from 3"-6". EVO's rep told me the lift kit provided the lift to the rear and not the EVO system. I looked at the photos of WOL's lever setup, and don't see any lift components other than the EVO lever on the rear. Am I missing something?

mvbeggs
'11 Rubicon Unlimited- Mango Tango- Stock (for a little while)
They may have thought you only wanted to go with the front coilover system and a standard lift in the rear. There are quite a few members here who have done that and are very happy with it. If you go with the EVO Lever system in the rear, you will need some type of coilover to go with it. The King coilovers are sold separately and it is the coilovers that will provide the lift.

Also, with the EVO Lever you will need to relocate your exhaust.

http://offroadevolution.com/store/pr...prod=EVO-LEVER
Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They may have thought you only wanted to go with the front coilover system and a standard lift in the rear. There are quite a few members here who have done that and are very happy with it. If you go with the EVO Lever system in the rear, you will need some type of coilover to go with it. The King coilovers are sold separately and it is the coilovers that will provide the lift. ....
Thanks WOL. That's what I was thinking. I must have confused the guy on the phone.

I'll take a look at your lever system setup to see where you relocated the exhaust.

I have heard you, and others, comment on the fantastic on-road handling of the EVO system. I'm curious, when you talk about the handling, are you comparing the EVO's handling to that of a car OR other 4 wheel drive veicles with large tires that you have driven? Is the on-road handling of the EVO comparable to, say, a stock F150 running stock tires?

Also, if I run 35" tires, what other modifications would others recomend be done while everything is torn apart? (i.e. axles, axle tube reinforcement, etc.) If I go with the EVO system, I'm already planning on installing the following kit options and parts:

EVO Front Coilover- 12” King shocks, Front HD Sway bar links, extended front brakelines, Rock stop air bump kit, adj lower control arms, adj track bar, replace front drive shaft, flip kit for tie rod ends.

EVO Rear Lever- skid plate, King coilovers, competition tuned sway bar, extended rear brakelines, rear Rockstop air bumps

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.

mvbeggs
2011 Unlimited Rubicon- Mango Tango- stock (for a little while)
Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Thanks WOL. That's what I was thinking. I must have confused the guy on the phone.

I'll take a look at your lever system setup to see where you relocated the exhaust.
We installed the Rancho/Dynomax exhaust and cut it short..

I have heard you, and others, comment on the fantastic on-road handling of the EVO system. I'm curious, when you talk about the handling, are you comparing the EVO's handling to that of a car OR other 4 wheel drive veicles with large tires that you have driven? Is the on-road handling of the EVO comparable to, say, a stock F150 running stock tires?
I have not driven a F150 so no, I can't compare the ride of the EVO system to it. I can only compare the EVO system to other setups we have run on our jeep and what I can tell you is that the EVO system is by far the best ride.

Also, if I run 35" tires, what other modifications would others recomend be done while everything is torn apart? (i.e. axles, axle tube reinforcement, etc.) If I go with the EVO system, I'm already planning on installing the following kit options and parts:

EVO Front Coilover- 12” King shocks, Front HD Sway bar links, extended front brakelines, Rock stop air bump kit, adj lower control arms, adj track bar, replace front drive shaft, flip kit for tie rod ends.

EVO Rear Lever- skid plate, King coilovers, competition tuned sway bar, extended rear brakelines, rear Rockstop air bumps

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help.

mvbeggs
2011 Unlimited Rubicon- Mango Tango- stock (for a little while)
Sounds like a great list! Since you will be running 35's, I would recommend you also get at least the C gussets.

Quick Reply: what is needed for a full EVO suspension setup?