Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what is needed for a full EVO suspension setup?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what is needed for a full EVO suspension setup?

I'm looking to get rid of this rubicon express lift. I want to run the EVO coilovers on front and lever on rear. i'm currently running 4.5" long arm and 37's and would like to stay with that configuration for a bit. future plan is 40's -42's

do i keep any parts from this current lift such as springs or do i replace those as well? a buddy told me evo has a full lift but i'm not sure i'm looking at the right thing on their website.

i already have jks front and rear adj trackbars and the teraflex drag flip kit which i would like to keep.

any help appreciated. yes i will call EVO but wanted to see what forums members have done with evo's setup
Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL all the way, check out his setup. I believe he is running full evo setup right now.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We have the full EVO suspension including front coilovers, rear EVO lever and the Long arm kit with the envy links.

Here is a link to our install of the long arm setup...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?135110

A pic of the long arm upgrade kit...

A few final pics...

Old 11-09-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
A few final pics...
For that top you have does it come with soft windows too? I would love that look with full front doors and half rear with soft upper.... Never mind I just answered my own question.

Anyway I knew WOL or WOLette would chime in.

JK Looks awesome WOLette makes me look forward to getting home from deployment so I can get mine. With that being said it looks like I will be getting a '12 JK maybe I'll get lucky and they will bring back DWB.

Make sure you post before and after picks of your lift swapping so we can see... I LOVE pictures.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rubican
For that top you have does it come with soft windows too? I would love that look with full front doors and half rear with soft upper.... Never mind I just answered my own question.

Anyway I knew WOL or WOLette would chime in.

JK Looks awesome WOLette makes me look forward to getting home from deployment so I can get mine. With that being said it looks like I will be getting a '12 JK maybe I'll get lucky and they will bring back DWB.

Make sure you post before and after picks of your lift swapping so we can see... I LOVE pictures.
thanks WOLette, that is giving me a better understanding now. that is what i am looking for. i cant wait to get rid of this re lift. i was just getting mixed up on some things. i wish i could drive it out west from fl and have evo do the install, the welds are amazing!!

how much does the Evo setup yield in lift? i may have missed it somewhere but did'nt see a number

Rubican, i will post pics but to be honest this is probably 1-2 months away but trying to start seeing how much this will cost plus im looking into other upgrades so seeing what can be done all at the same time. also, i have the same top, it is besttop trek top. i have had tons of great comments on it and it is soooo much easier than the factory top, plus the look is great!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captjay
thanks WOLette, that is giving me a better understanding now. that is what i am looking for. i cant wait to get rid of this re lift. i was just getting mixed up on some things. i wish i could drive it out west from fl and have evo do the install, the welds are amazing!!

how much does the Evo setup yield in lift? i may have missed it somewhere but did'nt see a number

Rubican, i will post pics but to be honest this is probably 1-2 months away but trying to start seeing how much this will cost plus im looking into other upgrades so seeing what can be done all at the same time. also, i have the same top, it is besttop trek top. i have had tons of great comments on it and it is soooo much easier than the factory top, plus the look is great!!

Oh I don't care how long it takes, I just want pictures. It's a LOT easier than reading.... :P
Old 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captjay
If you have the coilovers, lift height is variable...we have ours set at about 5" of lift.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
If you have the coilovers, lift height is variable...we have ours set at about 5" of lift.
sounds good to me, i think this is exactly what i need. sounds like i will be able to run the 37's no problem and then in the future adjust for 40's or 42
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

ok i'm confused

the long arm kit includes front, rear, upper, and lower long arms and then add envy links for xtra $$$. it looks to me the envy links replace the control arms or do the control arms stay on and the envy links are xtra?? i'm not understanding why i need to get the long arm kit if the envy links replace the arms or am i completely wrong??

i must be wrong because it makes no sense to me to buy the long arm kit wth long arms, then spend more $$ on the envy links and not even use the long arms.

would someone clear this up please
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quick Reply: what is needed for a full EVO suspension setup?