Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

What Mod to do next...

Old 04-13-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mod to do next...

So I have come to a road block on what modification I would like to do next to my 2011 Sport. Since buying it back in Aug '11, I have put on MT 17" Wheels rims, 32" tires, smittybuilt XRC front bumper, XRC10 winch, 4 Apollo lights, and changed the soft top windows to the tinted ones. Currently I live on Oahu, and we have this horrible RECON law that requires you to get your vehicle inspected for anything that is not 'stock'. There are a few exceptions, however, lifts and wider tires are just hard to overlook. I was hoping to get some help on what else I can change to get more bang for my buck without having to go through this RECON process (since I leave island in just under 2 years). Once I am of this island I plan on doing a whole lot more to it without having to go through the hassle.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a) Leather seats w/heat
b) Entertainment system
c) rhino interrior
d) Custome roll cage
e) CB
Just give me your credit card #. I'll be glad to help you out.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live on Oahu also, recon is not that big of a deal. I have a 4" lift on 37s. Of course I know a guy that does my safety so I don't have recon on this one, my last one I did. But most of my friends are cops here. You want get pulled over just for not having a recon. It might add to your ticket if your a dick... But actually passing recon is easy- no windshield mount lights, no hood hi lift holders, alinement print off, fenders that cover most of the tire And mud flaps. But if you don't run the harder trails here keep it low and build everything else up now. And what ever you do don't buy hurculiner!! Do with raptor or if your rich-line x. But you could add cb, super charger, headers, stereo, maybe on board air, better axle shafts, lockers, tie rod... There's plenty you can do before going all in. On me if you need help man
Old 04-13-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add some strength underneath - Drive shafts, armor/skids, maybe axle shafts. Make it tough now for when you can add a lift and bigger tires to tackle more challenging trails.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
a) Leather seats w/heat
b) Entertainment system
c) rhino interrior
d) Custome roll cage
e) CB
Just give me your credit card #. I'll be glad to help you out.
hah i'd rather not give my $8,400 credit card limit to someone. It's bad temptation. I'm trying to figure out if i want to rhino line my floor or not so soon. It's only 8 months old (bought brand new with 2 miles on it) and i'm debating about ripping out the carpet...just not too sure yet.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Once u take the carpet out you never want to put it back in it's lovely fun durabark is another nice liner that is uv protected or whatever they call it no fading nd u can do it your self
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texwillys
Add some strength underneath - Drive shafts, armor/skids, maybe axle shafts. Make it tough now for when you can add a lift and bigger tires to tackle more challenging trails.

^^ What he said. Armor it up for now. You'll be ready for a lift and tires when you get off the island.

Quick Reply: What Mod to do next...