Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

what lockers to run? dana 30 up front and dana 44 in rear.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Shearlow
However, now that my engine is starting to suck oil at a vastly increased rate, I think I am going to just trade up to a new Rubi and not have to worry about it!
You aren't the original owner? Or the lifetime warranty was denied for some reason? Or just a good excuse to upgrade to a 3.6...
Old 02-08-2015, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decision was made after a lot of research I have ordered OX front and rear air actuated and an on board compressor with the ability to do tire inflates. I got the brake booster mounted compressor. I think I researched longer than the job will take to do lol. I wont be wheeling this jeep in any real rugged terrain but wanted to do it the correct way just in case. I for darn sure don't want to set up gears more than once.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You are installing yourself?

The Ox doesn't get a lot of feedback, (at least I haven't seen much, other than the basic 'works great' or 'lots of problems with the cable'). If you have a chance, post up a review. Any positives/negatives you find, install problems or advice, headaches with the air actuation or the cable, whatever.

Then if you remember to in a few months, add a follow-up to that post with both mechanical and trail-related feedback/opinions/concerns.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You are installing yourself?

The Ox doesn't get a lot of feedback, (at least I haven't seen much, other than the basic 'works great' or 'lots of problems with the cable'). If you have a chance, post up a review. Any positives/negatives you find, install problems or advice, headaches with the air actuation or the cable, whatever.

Then if you remember to in a few months, add a follow-up to that post with both mechanical and trail-related feedback/opinions/concerns.
Agree! Would like to know more about that brand, been looking at their stuff for a while!
Old 02-22-2015, 01:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You aren't the original owner? Or the lifetime warranty was denied for some reason? Or just a good excuse to upgrade to a 3.6...
I'm the second owner :( but since I have to buy a car for my daughter right now, I'll be hanging onto mine and making it work for at least the next year while I wait for the bank account to refill for a mic down payment.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Grenadeacorn
Same axles as you: sleeves gussets, 5:13's, RCV'S, yukon zip lockers front and rear. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Yukon 4.88's, zip lockers front and back also. No issues.

Last edited by CajunTiger; 02-22-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Quick Reply: what lockers to run? dana 30 up front and dana 44 in rear.